Thread: Look what followed me home!

Default Look what followed me home!

Well, this one was a total impulse buy! I was at the LGS and they had great deal on a lightly-used CZ Scorpion EVO3 S1. The guy bought it and put one round through it at the range at the LGS, then came back the next day and traded it in for a scope. I picked up a couple of 30 round mags a month ago because I planned on getting the Scorpion down the road, but this one looks brand new and was too good a deal to pass up.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

The Black Guns are multiplying!

I got a chance to wring it out today and it's a great shooter. As I expected it kind of sucks as a giant pistol, but it was designed as a sub-gun and meant to be used with a stock. It's a bit hard to shoot it as a pistol due to the size but it's a tack driver! Despite some reviews that say the trigger sucks I found the trigger to be awesome. Of course, compared to my HK USC and Beretta Storm Carbine an industrial staple gun has a great trigger! The ambi safety does suck, though- it really tears into the web of my right hand. There's supposed to be a non-ambi replacement part but I think I'll just take it apart and Dremel it off.

It ran like a sewing machine, though! Once I get a stamp and the compliance kit with folding stock is out this is gonna be a badazz little gun!

Hey cool.....I'm sure you will have a ball with that.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Thanks, I think it will be fun. Once I get the tax stamp here's the stock they are selling as part of the 922r kit:

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

My goodness the Scorpion has grown up!

The last one I shot was in 7.65 auto and would empty the mag before you could back off on the trigger in full auto. Had a dingy little wire stock on it.

They were originally designed for tankers and vehicle drivers and had a belt holster.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I think this one bears no direct lineage to the original Skorpion beyond the name. It is made by CZ but it's a new design. The EVO3 S1 is blowback operated and a nice, soft shooter. I think it will be a hoot when I can get the stock for it. If all goes as planned it may take over the 'bump in the night'-HD/zombie duties from my Beretta Storm carbine.