Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Getting Too Old

We tend to car camp. Drive to the camp site and have a short carry to pitch the tent. Once camp is set up we can take short hikes on trails close by.

Bugging out in foot is not gonna happen for us. Fortunately we live in an area that flood is not a threat. Our biggest issue is losing power so we have prepped for that and so we will survive until we don't.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
    Just add an electric motor, battery and solar panel and it's FART proof. Any old geezer could use it.
    Thank's Winnie for not metioning the other half with the tow hitch......

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    What all you old F.A.R.T.s gripin' about? Why do think we have wives for anyway?...
    Awwwe that's just wrong... too much noise...Pack Mules?

Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 07-23-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Seriously folks - forget the odd humor above..

learn to pear down the equipment. How about a 16 pound full pack with this gear?

“There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

That would be okay if all you had to consider was one person and we were talking about backpacking. I don't mind a 20 lb pack. I did Wyoming and Idaho last fall with that much. But moving more people with everything that would be needed if you can't take a vehicle injects a whole different set of issues. Hence the cart. It should arrive tomorrow and I have some mods on the drawing board already.

If you are involving the family to bug it in - just like scouting they are the mules. Don't get me wrong I see value in the cart. I am having trouble Rick as we do not know each other that well and I never pack in more than 20 pounds in the last ten years. The big tents I have are back of car camping and I have almost given up on them too.. Might sell them - hardly used.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Oh, no you don't. No way I'm callin' my wife a mule. I still have a few good years left. I'd prefer to live them healthy.

Love your humor... I'm ready to kick my mule out of the barn, can't plow, cant cook, cant clean, cant send home to mama. Guess that makes me a Jack... nope an Elephant...

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    That would be okay if all you had to consider was one person and we were talking about backpacking. I don't mind a 20 lb pack. I did Wyoming and Idaho last fall with that much. But moving more people with everything that would be needed if you can't take a vehicle injects a whole different set of issues. Hence the cart. It should arrive tomorrow and I have some mods on the drawing board already.
    How did hiking Wyoming and Idaho compare to hiking the Knobstone trail,Rick?
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

The Knobstone clobbered me three times. I've never been able to complete that blasted trail. In Wyoming we hiked at 11,000 feet and in Idaho about 6,000. And I can't conquer a stupid series of 300 foot hills. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The Knobstone clobbered me three times. I've never been able to complete that blasted trail. In Wyoming we hiked at 11,000 feet and in Idaho about 6,000. And I can't conquer a stupid series of 300 foot hills. Go figure.
    If you decide to hit the trail here again, call me up, I'll gladly hike a section with you. I need the exercise and someone who shares my love of hiking, I live right beside the Clark State Forestry and Steve can not hike the trails because he has a heart condition, his docs strongly suggested he go on the transplant waiting list be he refused.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

mount a third wheel in the back and you can ride it on the down hills

I want you tube quality video. --- please?

Theodore Roosevelt 1907