Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That one gun you sold, and now regret!

Default That one gun you sold, and now regret!

You always read about the gun somebody passed up and now regrets buying it! Well this is the opposite! I regret selling a Remington 88 .22-250 I had once. Out of all the guns I have sold I miss that one the most!

Quote Originally Posted by Wildthang View Post
    You always read about the gun somebody passed up and now regrets buying it! Well this is the opposite! I regret selling a Remington 88 .22-250 I had once. Out of all the guns I have sold I miss that one the most!
    Mine too was a 22-250 ! Mauser action, Douglas premium bull barrel full floating in a Fajen stock. Sold it to help buy furniture when I first got married and the gun would have spoke only when I wanted it to, not like the wife !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

I didn't know people sold guns. You are suppose to will them to your great-grandchildren.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    I didn't know people sold guns. You are suppose to will them to your great-grandchildren.
    That's easier said than done. I have several guns from my Dad and Grandfather. Not enough to go around, am not sure what to do. I have gotten three Garand's and three Carbines but can't decide how to split up the family guns.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Williepete View Post
    That's easier said than done. I have several guns from my Dad and Grandfather. Not enough to go around, am not sure what to do. I have gotten three Garand's and three Carbines but can't decide how to split up the family guns.

Bill
    I don't want you to suffer through a family feud, so I'll take them off your hands.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Colt Anaconda .44 mag with the camo finish and matching scope. I bought it for $800,then 2 years later sold it for $900 back when I went all Dave Ramsey. I see they are going for almost 2 grand now days.
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

I've honestly never sold one. I did trade a Browning 12 gauge for a Remington 1100 one time but no regrets on that.

that's a good question, I'll have to think about it for a spell.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

B a loney. You've not only got every gun, you've got every mold, press, piece, part, rod, ram, dip, sling, round and magazine. All crammed into a small parts box.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

The one that always comes to my mind is an old 12ga Browning A5.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

no, no there got to be one, I just have to remember.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Man, I've sold quite a few I regret. Years ago I had three BHPs, one black one and two of the two-tone Practicals. I sold the Practicals to buy something else thinking I'll replace them down the road. But not three months later Bush did his EO banning their import and the price doubled overnight. It has never come back down. They cost me $425 each but you can't get them anymore.

I really regret selling my Colt Commander in .38 Super. At the time I didn't have dies for it and I was shooting rifles more so I sold it. Wish I had it back.

My USP45 Tactical is another one I will have to replace. I needed the money to get another HK that was a great deal and recently discontinued.

my old stevens favourite. I breathed life into it back when I was a lad. Made a firing pin, extractor and butt stock from a chunk of maple. I miss that old gun.

I can't say I ever sold a gun that I regret...actually haven't really sold too many....mostly traded or gave away.

I have given many guns to DD SIL, nephew....and even give a few away to friends.
    Don't regret any of them....they were all meant to be where the ended up.

So many time I have heard that people sell them to buy another, or times are tough.... whatever....That never made an sense to me.

Do regret NOT buy a few......but then again, not that many,... either.

Too bad about that canoe.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'm sure you would Crash. I've got some really old ones.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Every one!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Quote Originally Posted by Williepete View Post

Bill
    You are suppose to buy more to make up the difference. Yeah, that isn't easy. You can always play favorites. Invite them all to go shooting with you. Who shows the most interest? Who shows up at all? Who is crazy and you don't want to give them anything?
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

Three that I can recall. 1st there was a 30-40 Krag that I laid away and had to let it go. Call that one a near miss. 2nd would have to be my 20 ga. double barrel that I sold to my brother-in-law for $100, he still has it and I feel pain every time I see it. 3rd, and the one that hurts the worse was my Savage Stevens over & under; .22 on top, 20 ga. on the bottom that I sold for $100. I still have footprints on my backside from where I kick myself every time I think about it, but I was in a bind and needed money for my family...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I feel you, Sarge- those are the worst, the ones where you need the money and settle for less due to the urgency.

I have never had to sell for the reason of need......bought a lot of them that way....then held most of them till they were sure they didn't want to buy it back.
    In a couple of cases, sold them back to the person that got them from, at the same money.

Usually have cash available in case I run across a deal.

One Ruger M77 in .270, went back and forth 3 times.....but the last time I bought it back was from the insurance company....as it had been found after being stolen.
    Nephew killed his first deer with it....and his first 12 point buck....so I gave it to him.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27