Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That one gun you sold, and now regret!

Like most, I would like to have back every gun I ever sold/traded/etc.. The one I think about the most, I guess, is a PSL. It was ugly......it wasn't very accurate.......and it was just plain impractical. But it was fun to shoot. And I won't live long enough to shoot all this 7.62 x 54r ammo through Mosins. hahahaha
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

I regretted selling my SW40VE when I was in a pinch. I did get a fair price for it and later on once things got better, I picked up a SW9VE which is the same thing in 9mm instead of .40. Wasn't too bad.

During the same pinch, I sold my Remington 597. That kinda stunk since it was the first gun I ever owned. Once things got better, I replaced it with a Ruger 10/22. That was a bad choice. I found someone with a 597 exactly like my old one and did a straight trade. I was so happy, because I got a 597 again and the added bonus of not having to settle with the 10/22 which was horrible.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

A Nylon 66

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    I regretted selling my SW40VE when I was in a pinch. I did get a fair price for it and later on once things got better, I picked up a SW9VE which is the same thing in 9mm instead of .40. Wasn't too bad.

During the same pinch, I sold my Remington 597. That kinda stunk since it was the first gun I ever owned. Once things got better, I replaced it with a Ruger 10/22. That was a bad choice. I found someone with a 597 exactly like my old one and did a straight trade. I was so happy, because I got a 597 again and the added bonus of not having to settle with the 10/22 which was horrible.
    The great thing about those Smiths is that they often go on sale for about $299.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The great thing about those Smiths is that they often go on sale for about $299.
    Yep, bought mine brand new with two mags for $299 + Tax. They also had the rebate at the same time for two free mags. I also bought a fifth mag with it, got the trigger pull reduced and bought two boxes of ammo. The total for everything came out to be $375 out the door. I have had it for over five years and still love it. In fact, it is used on my duty rig. No regrets about buying these pistols.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
    A Nylon 66
    Those suckers sell used at ten times what they cost new! I sure wish I had one myself. Back when I was a kid Dad had a couple of them, plus the one that's basically the same but with a detachable mag instead of the tube.

I've sold a bunch that I wish I had back. My old Ruger Vaquero .45C is probably at the top of that list. However I don't regret selling any of them, I had to do what I had to do. When I got out of the military and couldn't find a job there was no sense in sitting around hungry and with no gas in the truck because I had no money while I was sitting on a pile of guns that could be sold.