Thread: Knockout Videos

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Knockout Videos

I found a series of videos that are very insightful.

They are based on a Pilipino/Indonesian primitive skillset but they are transferable to most other areas.

What I find most intriguing is the more than skillful use of the parong to do a job most bushcrafters would not even attempt in a fully equipped workshop.

Do not miss out on the little skills shown in the background all through the video. Things as varied as sharpening a machete, crushing corn in a matate, making cordage for the bow string....

Chickens, pigs and crying kids. Welcome to a survival community!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDSjYvFkbbg
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 07-13-2015 at 08:37 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That was actually pretty cool....reminds me or the homemade bow we mad as kids......and used cattails as arrows.

Good vid.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Like the watch.
    Cool video
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I thought it was a unique contrast to the video of that looser getting his super survival knife stuck in the chunk of firewood while trying to baton.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I thought it was a unique contrast to the video of that looser getting his super survival knife stuck in the chunk of firewood while trying to baton.
    Still laughing at that one....
    The side bar has a DIY monkey gun fired with match phosphorus.

Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Neat and cool and groovy. I understand these are Batak people from Palawan, westernmost islands of the Philippines. Is this information correct?

It is amazing what skill and ingenuity is shown by these "primitive, illiterate, backward people" who know their environment and who use available resources to live successfully. No McDonalds, no Walmart, but they manage to thrive. Thanks for the videos, I hope there are more in the series.
    Last edited by Faiaoga; 07-16-2015 at 01:01 AM.

I have looked for these online and would like to check if I have found the correct website. It seems to be MSL Bushcraft & Survival made by a German-speaking man Darius. I don't know exactly where he stays, but the vegetation and climate make it seem to be the Philippines or a nearby region. To my shame, I have never visited that specific region but the skills shown and the equipment used would be effective in Palau, Samoa, and other places.

I am impressed by the use of bamboo shown in some of the films. Unfortunately, places I have visited are not areas where the use of bamboo is so common. Very good use of local resources is shown.

It is refreshing to see a survival/bushcraft instuctor who is not advertising and promoting his signature $400 supersteel signature blade. He seems to get by with an inexpensive parang/bolo/bushnife machete that can be sharpened on a rock, a stainless steel Mora sheath knife and a Victorinox folding knife with a saw and awl. Right On.

Thanks for providing the useful contact.