Thread: Emminant Weather Mid-W

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Emminant Weather Mid-W

Just a heads up for those in the Midwest and upper Southeast.

There is a line of strong storms with embedded tornadoes that will sweep an area running from Chicago to Lexington, KY this afternoon and evening.

Looks like it could be a bad afternoon and evening.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Yes I have also heard the derecho word being used. Especially when it gets to my neck of the woods.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Had a storm go through SE Wisconsin about 6:am.......knock down a lot of branches....big 6" dia. across the driveway this morning.
    Ryobi battery chainsaw to the rescue again......cut my way out.

Bought that little saw for the truck, then packing in and cutting fatwood in the deer lease in Louisiana....this was the third time it has been pressed into service for road clearing and clean up.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Y'all stay safe.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Damage north of us....but the big storm went past....heading south east.

It came through about 11:30. There was scattered damage with 60 mph gusts but we were unscathed. We have more coming in tonight and tomorrow morning. Right now we have sunshine and a light breeze. Nice evening.

It came through here at about 2:30.

It was one of the strangest frontal systems I have ever seen. A distinct line of bright light from horizon to horizon followed by black cloud rolling like a huge steamroller across the sky. The rolling clouds were interrupted in several spots by horizontal rotation.

I thought for sure we were in store for a tornado but it blew hard, dropped buckets of rain for half an hour and left.

I watched the weather channel trace the front for a while and it was apparently moving at about 50mph across country.

I am sitting here waiting for the next system to move through at around 2am.

Next one is 20 mile away coming right now......

http://www.scrippsmedia.com/tmj4/wea...246927201.html

I got hit about 1:30 this afternoon. It was bright out one minute, dark the next, then down came the rain. I was at school when it hit and we lost power. Back up generators came on for 30 seconds and then they went down......... Maintenance gonna get a butt chewin!

I saw we are suppose to get more overnight. I wish it would give it a rest just so I can finish mowing if nothing else!!!!!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Got hit at midnight. Power went down.

I do not know how long it remained out since I went to sleep in the middle of the storm.

What can I say, if your number is up you might as well be rested while standing in line at the pearly gates.

Woke to find everything still intact, the sun shining and the world smelling like it had a bath.

Everything done for a while.....gonna make a dump run this morning, haul off the two big branches that fell.

In the past I would have dragged out the shredder, and mulched it up.....lately not so much...... just haul it away.

Living in rural KY is a bit different than anywhere else in the world.

A couple of years back we had a big storm that blew down half of one of my trees and the downed half fell across the road.

A couple of minutes latter I see a minivan stop, blocked from home by the downed tree. Rain coming down in sheets, lightening and thunder with a for sure absolutely real tornado setting down about 1/2 mile away.

I watch from the window and see her talking on cell phone.

About two minutes latter her husband drives up the road from the house in his 1 ton 4wd pickup. I am standing at the door and he points to the big limb, I nod and run out to help him throw a chain around the limb. He asks, "can I keep it?"

I tell him yes so he drags the 1/2 tree home for firewood!

The wife drives by in the van with a big grin, dry as a bone.

Only in KY would a road blocked by a tree be considered an opportunity to add to the fuel supply!

True to a point.......LOL...Not just KY.

The "logs" I cut up are going on my garage stove pile......branches are headed to the dump.....but bucket for compost and mulch ride with me....this stuff is spotty, get when you can.

I used to say the nothing leaves the yard.....and the big shredder has had a lot of stuff mulched in it.

That little battery chain saw has really made quick work of the small jobs........and rides in Big Red....even has an inverter to charge on the batter in the vehicle.

I might have to get me one of those battery powered units. I got a cheap electric saw and was not happy with it, but there is some good battery powered stuff on the market right now.

Everything Ryobi makes takes the same battery, and I am needing a new drill anyway. I might as well start a collection that all uses the same battery pack.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Living in rural KY is a bit different than anywhere else in the world.

A couple of years back we had a big storm that blew down half of one of my trees and the downed half fell across the road.

A couple of minutes latter I see a minivan stop, blocked from home by the downed tree. Rain coming down in sheets, lightening and thunder with a for sure absolutely real tornado setting down about 1/2 mile away.

I watch from the window and see her talking on cell phone.

About two minutes latter her husband drives up the road from the house in his 1 ton 4wd pickup. I am standing at the door and he points to the big limb, I nod and run out to help him throw a chain around the limb. He asks, "can I keep it?"

I tell him yes so he drags the 1/2 tree home for firewood!

The wife drives by in the van with a big grin, dry as a bone.

Only in KY would a road blocked by a tree be considered an opportunity to add to the fuel supply!
    Happens around here all the time. Back when I had a wood stove I used to drive the backroads looking for downed trees and big limbs laying beside the road.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp