Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lack of experience/skills shows on some youtube videos !

911 has destroyed the Darwin Effect.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

I found some toggle ferroceium rods on eBay for about 60 cents each including shipping from far east (slow shipping not a problem), the description was for magnesium with ferro rod attached but photo was ferroceium only so curious to see what shows up, for $3.58 for 6 not a big deal either way. 1" bar is PITA to use, I actually use only as backup if primary fire starter (large rod or lighter) is broken or lost. This has happened when I let someone else borrow it, now I just start fires for other people, whenever I lend people gear bad stuff happens. Break tip off knife, lose or break stuff, some people should just spend their vacations in hotels.

On YouTube Reviews: After a while I found certain people who made good youtube videos on certain topics and rarely waste my time looking for new people since so many are a waste of time. Subscribe list is very limited so I save a list on a text file. Some people/channels are very good for bushcraft, others for blades, or firearms, fishing, hammocks, hiking gear, etc. etc. It seems that for every good channel on youtube there are at least 100 complete waste of time junk sites and many so so mediocre. I wonder if some people just post silly videos to see how many people will flame them, hope to get may views and make some money that way. Whatever, life is short I will not fall for it.

I watched that Discovery Channel N&A XL and they had many good skilled contestants and one who was just a total failure. Wondered if she was there for 2nd chance or for comic relief to watch her implode again. Whatever, people with total lack of skills and psychology can get badly injured and should just stay home IMO.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 07-14-2015 at 09:20 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    911 has destroyed the Darwin Effect.......
    I don't know Hunter???

Some of them have probably died trying to find the eleven button on the phone.

Probably if you looked at enough reports you would find cases of relatives finding people dead for three days with the phone in their hand.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Maybe....but how many are rescued at the last minute........that should have been left out of the gene pool.....LOL
    There is something to be said for the "Dumas gene".

My single largest gene is probably the Dumas gene. It seems to have worked for me so far. Even if I generally have to do stuff two or three times before I get it right. I just tell my wife I'm practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I don't know Hunter???

Some of them have probably died trying to find the eleven button on the phone.

Probably if you looked at enough reports you would find cases of relatives finding people dead for three days with the phone in their hand.
    You forgot the phone book where they were trying to look up the phone number for 911 !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    My single largest gene is probably the Dumas gene. It seems to have worked for me so far. Even if I generally have to do stuff two or three times before I get it right. I just tell my wife I'm practicing.
    Now I will bet you a beer that if we asked Mrs. Rick for a truthful statement she would admit to knowing you were a full and total Dumas long years ago before you every got married!

No practice needed.

I can't take that bet. For better or worse my long years of marriage have improved me with age. Of course, that's sort of like aging Mad Dog, Thunderbird or Boone's Farm but you work with what you've got.

I was married to a maniac for 25 years, then divorced for 10 as I raised my children alone.

I met my late wife after the kids were grown.

She always claimed I was an easy break-in due to being pre-trained when she got me!

Life can be very easy when you break it down to the basics.

Yes dear, no I don't have any plans, sure that sounds fine for supper, no those jeans don't make you look fat.

It is an all together separate set of survival skills.

Four rules for young men.....cover 99% of life when dealing with your partner........

Say "I love you" and mean it ...a lot.
    "I'm sorry".....You might not have done anything wrong, yet, but you will....
    "Yes, Dear, you are right....."

Then the most important.....
    "Ahruuump"......The non committal grunt.....for all other occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I was married to a maniac for 25 years, then divorced for 10 as I raised my children alone.

I met my late wife after the kids were grown.

She always claimed I was an easy break-in due to being pre-trained when she got me!

Life can be very easy when you break it down to the basics.

Yes dear, no I don't have any plans, sure that sounds fine for supper, no those jeans don't make you look fat.

It is an all together separate set of survival skills.
    Try living with a bipolar paranoid schizophrenic for 38 years !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

If I quit at 25 why on Earth would I want to go for 38?