Thread: Keep Those BOBs Dusted and Up To Date

Default Keep Those BOBs Dusted and Up To Date

Gottcha,

Now that would be a reason to bug out.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Makes me glad I live at least 12 miles from the nearest track !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

That same train had to pass 3 miles from my home to get to where it derailed.

Fact is, that track follows I-75 down the western side of the mountains and directly through every major population area along that route; Cincinnati, Lexington, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Atlanta and every small town in between.

If we knew what was going down the tracks daily we would probably have heart failure.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

1. keep the BOB in the vehicle atall times.
    a full face gas mask would be a plus as well.
    some of the things these trains carry are spooky at best.
    keep a mental note of all rail lines in a 30,mile radius of your home.
    as well as which way the wind bloweth.

Gas masks are a false sense of security unless you intend to use them for dust. You have to be trained in their use and the filters are dated. And get rid of that facial hair for cryin' out loud.

Banned

Default Concerns about location and BOB bag itself

I am about 5 miles from nearest railroad tracks. But have camped in areas and also stayed at a friend's home that were much closer the sound takes some getting use to in the middle of the night.

I took my favorite 1000 denier military style rucksack to the shooting range and forgot to take some separate bags/bucket for empty shells so stuck bunch in side pocket. Now all that carbon is in there I use rucksack for many things, BOB and carry on luggage for vacation trips, camping etc. because it does not rip like lightweight bags. Thinking I should probably rinse out pocket before going to Manhattan, NYC in a few days with family or TSA may tear it apart, when sensor detects residue of explosives. They have given me trouble in the past, just because I look like Taliban or a hippie or something? Knife 6 cm and not locking, well I can open letters and clean finger nails with that, put in shoe when going thru most sports arena metal detector wand wavers, also not worth it. A blade that does not lock is more of a danger to one's self than useful, IMO.

So land near Railroads, major Highways, Indonesian Airports is useful for commerce but not human habitation IMO. I have some relatives who live in the fight plan 10 minutes drive from DFW airport, when socializing in their back yard, we have to stop talking every 5-10 minutes to let a plane pass over. Not a place I would ever want to live. Near new airport in North Korea would be OK since only 3-4 flights per week, other problems to be concerned about there. BOB to get out of country at first opportunity! Escape nut job who runs the place and is killing everyone who looks at him.

what face hair i'm clean shaven sides i do keep a rotation on filters yer right rick they do carry a shelf life.
    as for airports real ones one is 140miles due east the other is also 140miles away due southwest. and corn,beans and wheat everywhere
    in between.

I used to live in a little town called Carlisle, Ohio. Was LEO there. We were criss-crossed with RR tracks! Only one set had an underpass. Talk about hard to get around. That's one reason I moved out. Live now where the nearest tracks are 6-7 miles west. I could get around them if I had to.