Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recent activity at nearby Army base - have you seen this?

Exclamation Recent activity at nearby Army base - have you seen this?

6/29/2015

I happen to live a few miles from an old original Nike Base that was mothballed a long time ago. A Small Army Depo across the street from there has been a very quiet little hub with little going on for years. Strange how they are always nestled by a golf course in case they have to expand. Well they did last year. They were never visible inside the state park they butt up against, but they are now. The parking lot has doubled a separate building bigger than a football field was put in and trucks that occasionally slipped in by late night are now visible by day. What prompted this post was a trip on a Monday morning last week where 5 military gas tank trucks were heading to the depo followed by five more. That's a lot of gas. I don't mean to pry but a recent search proved this is happening not only in PA but Ohio as well.

Roads locally that never have any military activity are now sporting new military convoys. Last week I saw two separate convoys different from the first on several highways. And fyi I do 130 miles every day.

I am not worried.. just wanted to see if anyone can compare sightings.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

All of the bases around me are active and heavily used, so no changes noted here.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

All I have really close to me are a couple of National Guard locations. One is five minutes away, the other is fifteen. I have not noticed any expansion, per se, but I have noticed increased Guards on the weekends at the local eateries over the last couple years. I don't know if they have stepped up drills or realized there is better food two minutes down the road!

I am in Ohio, too, btw. You stated it was occurring in Ohio, whereabouts?
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

June is the "Summer Camp" National Guard training.....every year convoys coming and going...
    Passed on Frtday comimg over to "The Place"

Big one in WI is Fort McCoy......and can personally remember the training and convoys........ since the 1950's as the fighter jet banked over our little town during practice.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Nothing happening around here and I am near two NG armories. Pass them often.

Of course I am in KY, the ones you have in PA/OH are probably gearing up as support troops for the second invasion of the Confederacy next month.

They would not want to attempt using indigenous peoples as support for an invasion of their own territory. You hand out the rifles and they disappear into the bush!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

lots of activity going on at a nearby NG base, I just figured it was a jade helm thang.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

We had a whole bunch of military games around here a couple weeks ago. All the highways had message signs lit up warning of low flying jets.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

The airbase near Columbus from memory natertot
    - Keep it coming...
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Near Columbus???

Nate does not have to go that far, Wright Patterson AFB is practically in his back yard!

uh OK life is good...I did not know that.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Yep, if the aliens ever escape their underground bunker they will get him before they get to me!

The air force? Really? Hmmm, not too worried. There is a reason the Navy has more aircraft than the AF! (Sorry, I am a former squid and couldn't pass it up.....)

Has KyRat eluded, I only have to worry about creatures from a far away galaxy or a govt experiment gone astray getting out. I already took care of that issue by putting up a sign on 75 South that says they must go a minimum of 30 miles into KY before the humans are really worth eating!

Well, at least if they hit Kentucky they are reasonably assured that their meal will be sterilized with alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Well, at least if they hit Kentucky they are reasonably assured that their meal will be sterilized with alcohol.
    My good friend Hannibal said it makes them more tender, too. Who am I to judge?!

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    My good friend Hannibal said it makes them more tender, too. Who am I to judge?!
    Liver and fava beans with a nice chianti?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I'm afraid in Kentucky it would probably be 'shine.

Hey!

Watch it!

I keep having a vision of a little gray alien sitting at the table eating fried chicken, sipping bourbon, and being called Jethro.

Who's that dancing?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Paul would love the chicken but it would have to be alive. Seems to like bourbon and the funny tobacco stuff too.

OK Rick how about the super moderator keeps this on topic huh? The budget got vetoed and the activity is thru the roof. This location I am discussing has doubled in size in one year.

Theodore Roosevelt 1907