Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The shape of fire

Blog Entries

When the climate cools off a bit let try to get some guys together and try the fire lay out. I have a new blade in the works I need to test and let some other give her a run.
    Its the bits between birth and death that define a life well lived.

Banned

Default off topic, group camping ideas, Jamboree for swamp people

Quote Originally Posted by Erratus Animus View Post
    When the climate cools off a bit let try to get some guys together and try the fire lay out. I have a new blade in the works I need to test and let some other give her a run.
    I started a thread looking for ideas about a regional jamboree called "LA-TX Jamboree" but it could easily be in OK or AR and everyone is obviously invited. A car camping location is generally best with option of hiking in a bit further. But some time I would like to go down a river or across a lake with a bunch of Jon boats, canoes, kayaks and anything that can carry people and gear and make a minimal few clearings and camp there. A place on Caddo Lake, East Texas was good for this but the giant salvinia has made getting there difficult later in the year. In late winter after most of that swamp clogger dies it is OK. So there are dozens or hundreds of possible locations and a few that are comfortable for old men, women and small children. By the way small kids really liked Goat Island, Caddo Lake.

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...876#post466876

Marc McCord at SW Paddler has good info on places to go with a small boat like Goat Island:
    http://southwestpaddler.com/docs/caddolake.html
    Last edited by TXyakr; 07-30-2015 at 02:05 PM. Reason: Goat Island, photos

Blog Entries

I have a can am commander that will take us anywhere we want and will carry out gear. Ride some trails and find a place to throw up a shelter. I had 2 strip built kayaks that I designed on CAD and built. recently sold them both since I am too big for them lol . one a 21 and the other a 22 beam with small keyholes does fit my size 38 butt.!

I do have a knife I want to have some guys runt through the paces. its not the kind for everyones taste but fits mine just fine. An event like that would be a good place to run some challenges and test some plans and gear
    Its the bits between birth and death that define a life well lived.