Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Survival training in the Florida Keys, and looking for crew members.

Default Survival training in the Florida Keys, and looking for crew members.

Survival training in the Florida Keys, and looking for crew members.

Yellowstone moved a lot last year, Streets melted, and the southern part was closed, because the ground was becoming unstable to walk on.

2015 National Geographics video on youtube!

If you are looking to move away from this threat, sooner is better than later, because once you do move, there is so much to do after you get there. Waiting till the last minute will leave you stranded in an unfamiliar place.

From what I can tell, there will be little warning, and almost no evacuation time. Our warning was the events in the past few years, and the overall condition of the world. Relocation is difficult, and expensive. Choosing where to go is also difficult. First south to warmer climate. The coast will most likely be hit with at lest one tsunami, so plan for that. The condition of the whole northern hemisphere could be deadly to breathe for five years they say. The more south the better if Yellowstone erupts, because the fallout will take more than five years to reach the southern hemisphere. You could even plan to move into the southern hemisphere.

After looking at the options, a boat ready to sail the world, is one of the best options.
    Last edited by Mike_; 06-13-2015 at 06:23 PM. Reason: rewatched the video.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome....
    To get you started off on the right foot,.... Note that the rules prohibit advertising your goods and services in the body of the post....and is considered SPAM.. the info is in the signature is fine.

Quote>
    2. Do not spam. Spam is a solicitation for members to do something for your benefit. Be that to buy something from you, join your group/society, visit your website, whatever. I don't care if you run a non-profit website benefiting albino eskimos. Pepper the forums with solicitations to join it and you'll be banned, and the links removed. If you have a website or business, your signature (edited in your User CP (see top left)) is the place for it, and we have absolutely no problem with you using your signature to promote your business. So long as that isn't your only contribution to the forum.
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...ules-amp-Staff

There is also a Intro section at
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...-Introductions
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Kyratshooter,
    Does this one qualify?

Okay, this kind of sounds like on of those plans you come up with at about 3am standing unsteadily outside a recently closed bar with your buddies. One which has, terrifyingly, survived to see the light of day.

Actually, if you substitute rum running in St. Pierre Miquelon for survival training in florida, and maybe throw in a "we should buy a boat and just, like, go", i think I've had that exact conversation under roughly those circumstances.

300" in 3 months, eh?

If you go here you can see a maybe 30mm (~1.2 inch) change over 3 years (not months,) either up or down, depending on where the sensor is.
    http://www.unavco.org/instrumentatio.../pbo/data/HVWY
    (click on Static Plots > Time series.)
    Station HVWY is the Yellowstone seismic network.

Some places have been reported as changing as much as 3" per year. Still not 300 in 3 months.

Pavement melting is not an odd occurrence either. Roads have melted in places without volcanic hotspots under them. All it takes is a black surface getting hot enough under the sun to bring the oil in the asphalt to the surface. And with the quality of asphalt these days, it surprises me more roads don't melt.
    http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...952036/?no-ist

I think I'll buy me this thing:
    http://www.popularmechanics.com/mili...uction-180000/
    Fit it with sails and a rudder, plant a garden on the main deck and hope for rain once in a while.
    How many refugees do you think the southern continent/islands would be willing to accept?
    Might want to fit it with guns too.
    Last edited by LowKey; 06-13-2015 at 01:39 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Blog Entries

Cool What Hunter said.

I deleted all your link to your website as what you posted constitutes spam according to the Forum rules and guidelines which you would have had to read and agreed to to even get on here. You may put your web site address in your signature but not point it out in any way. As for you offer, unless you're a TV producer it's not allowed. If you continue in this you will not be allowed to stay on here.

Besides, I was planning on going gold panning in Oregon...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    Kyratshooter,
    Does this one qualify?

Yuup, sure does. Although what it qualifies for I am not certain.

What I see here is;

1. A full blown nut job with no fact checking skills.

2. A serial killer/kidnapper looking for a woman or perhaps a whole family to victimize (based on the last paragraph).

This reminds me of that one we had a year or so back that inherited a ranch in the desert with no water and two wives, one of which stole his pony and escaped to town. He was not much concerned about losing the woman but he wanted his horse back.

As a regular here I am very certain that if I want to learn some Florida survival skills I can make a couple of phone calls to some of our well known Florida members and cut a deal that involves no more than a couple of good steaks and a case of good beer!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 06-13-2015 at 02:22 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

No, no, Lowkey. Not 300"....300 FEET. Gosh, sure didn't happen when I was there and there was no talk about it either. No melted streets, nothing closed. Golly gee whiz, batman.

Mike, we get one of you about every other week. Either a drive by troll or someone that is certifiable bat chit crazy. It's pretty low of you to try to scare people into participating in something that only you will benefit in. The odds of Yellowstone erupting are 1 in 730,000. That's 0.00014% likelihood. I would be a whole lot more concerned about La Palma crashing into the Atlantic Ocean and wiping out Florida. You had better move to the Midwest. And quickly. As I understand it could happen any time. I need someone to paint my house, mow my yard, tend to my garden and wash my vehicles. These are skills that you will need after Florida is washed away in the tsunami. I will only charge you a modest fee to teach you how to do these things.

Apparently this guy has not seen Rick's list, which is growing daily, of reasons no to go to Florida when SHTF !!

Can we play the Green Anaconda song now, it sure seems appropriate?

Blog Entries

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Apparently this guy has not seen Rick's list, which is growing daily, of reasons no to go to Florida when SHTF !!

Can we play the Green Anaconda song now, it sure seems appropriate?
    I think you have the right idea Kyrat. That song should be our theme song for folks like this, that is if we can keep Hunter sane....
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Don't make me sing...Oh don't make me sing.....

I hear hill billy music.

Aaaargh! You did it again!

12 sq miles of mountain moved up 300 feet
    Citation please.
    Preferably USGS, National Park, or other reliable source, not ApocolypseToday websites.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

You guys were much too nice. So as to not add spamming azzhats to Rick's Florida list, I deep sixed his butt.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

OK Hunter I watched your video (against the Geneva convention I am sure). Now how do I get that song out of my head? So far I have tried Tylenol, Jim Beam and watching Disney cartoons. Nothing works.

Quote Originally Posted by lfos847 View Post
    OK Hunter I watched your video (against the Geneva convention I am sure). Now how do I get that song out of my head? So far I have tried Tylenol, Jim Beam and watching Disney cartoons. Nothing works.
    Bhohahaaha....Yeah well it's like every mountain man must watch Jerimiah Johnson at least 300 times......Kinda of right of passage.

Besides, been kinda slow......and we didn't get the Tic-Toc yet from Pete yet....we always get a Tic Toc for Pete before the main event.

Green Anaconda, Green Ancaoda

Blog Entries

Cool Anchors aweigh.

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    You guys were much too nice. So as to not add spamming azzhats to Rick's Florida list, I deep sixed his butt.
    This just in, local sail boat torpedoed by sub in the Florida Keys... Sail boat owner last seen headed for Yellowstone National Park!....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Cool Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by lfos847 View Post
    Dude you got stones! The next thing you know you'll be asking about the hong!....
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

No!! Not the hong!!!

As a long term granddad I sort of like the Green Anaconda song. It only has three chords and I can play it while the kids sing.

Actually the two youngest ones sing it while the oldest whines in misery and threatens to jump out of the car window.