Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some feedback on a video

Default Looking for some feedback on a video

Well, Ive been wanting to do something like this for quite sometime. Over the past 2 months me and my wife and our two children have set out with the camera in hopes to make it happen. This is the first time I have put music and video to my writing so I would love some constructive criticism regarding the cinematography, the writing and the entirety of the piece in general. Looking back on it now, I wished I would have had more experience with sound editing. Some folks online have said the music is too loud and the voice over is too soft while others have told me they could hear it fine. Anyways, since it is related to hunting and fishing I thought I'd share it with yall.
    Please let me know what y'all think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9aA...w0ioeZHDnTc7Rw

Looks good to me!

Video looks good...as you mentioned the voiceover to music was a little off but great otherwise. I think you mix up the words hippie and redneck though...
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Wi...3126b.gif.html

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggy View Post
    Looks good to me!
    I appreciate folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilderness medic View Post
    Video looks good...as you mentioned the voiceover to music was a little off but great otherwise. I think you mix up the words hippie and redneck though...

What video editing software do you use?
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham

What video editing software do you use?
    I use final cut pro x. This video was the first time I used it. I learned Final Cut while making this. Another reason it took so long.

Quote Originally Posted by deerhuntinghippie View Post
    I use final cut pro x. This video was the first time I used it. I learned Final Cut while making this. Another reason it took so long.

Me too. Great program. Still need to learn how to use the rest.

If you're planing on making more like that you may want to check out Vimeo. I just made the switch. So much happier on there than Youtube. Not only is it way better quality but I don't like supporting Youtube anymore either.
    Last edited by wilderness medic; 06-03-2015 at 09:38 AM.
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham

Me too. Great program. Still need to learn how to use the rest.

If you're planing on making more like that you may want to check out Vimeo. I just made the switch. So much happier on there than Youtube. Not only is it way better quality but I don't like supporting Youtube anymore either.
    I've debated switching but I never researched the monetization system of vimeo or if it is even supported there. Right now youtube seems to be the power house as far as what the public uses most frequently. I think that may change very soon however due to more changes coming in the next week or so.

I've debated switching but I never researched the monetization system of vimeo or if it is even supported there. Right now youtube seems to be the power house as far as what the public uses most frequently. I think that may change very soon however due to more changes coming in the next week or so.
    Are you trying to monetize and make money....?

That was my only regret switching. But things have been going downhill and recently got so much worse I finally had enough. Tired of my videos being deleted and muted. I put up with Google+ but now it's gone too far.

Since you use FCPX, if you don't know how to do audio adjustments... Just grab the little line in the middle of the music or song track and slide it up or down to the level you want. That should help with the mismatched volumes.
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham

Are you trying to monetize and make money....?

That was my only regret switching. But things have been going downhill and recently got so much worse I finally had enough. Tired of my videos being deleted and muted. I put up with Google+ but now it's gone too far.

Since you use FCPX, if you don't know how to do audio adjustments... Just grab the little line in the middle of the music or song track and slide it up or down to the level you want. That should help with the mismatched volumes.
    I don't monetize all of my videos. I like putting a lot of the stuff I do with my kids to music. But the larger projects that take time I try to monetize. I figure if I can make a few bucks doing the things that I love to do, why not, right?
    For me I guess it's a nice option to have considering I'd be doing this stuff regardless.
    But you're right. Youtube is getting carried away and I predict it will get taken over soon by something completely new that is more user friendly as far as distribution and accessibility goes. But, having said that, I feel that if it is going to be surpassed, whatever takes it's place will definitely have a monetization feature. That's the only thing keeping youtube ahead right now I think.

I think a longbow would have been more with the theme and the music is louder than the voice over, which I couldn't really hear

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz123 View Post
    I think a longbow would have been more with the theme and the music is louder than the voice over, which I couldn't really hear
    I've been wanting to get a long bow for a long time amd I agree completely.

How's that monetization going? I decided to throw it on. Supposedly with my views I should get between $30-$550 a month from it. I'll believe that when I see it. Going to keep putting all my cool "creative" videos on Vimeo where they actually let me be creative. If Youtube wants to turn into a crap filled ad space and will pay me for videos of my dog jumping around, screw it.
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Yep, switch the volume of the music and voice. Also, the fact that you are burning that fire and all those dead leaves are still there, really uhm, caught my attention. Of course, I live in an arctic desert where wild land fires can burn a million acres so am always watching for those types of things.

Yes, Vimeo is great. I've been using it for years for my longer vids.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

How's that monetization going? I decided to throw it on. Supposedly with my views I should get between $30-$550 a month from it. I'll believe that when I see it. Going to keep putting all my cool "creative" videos on Vimeo where they actually let me be creative. If Youtube wants to turn into a crap filled ad space and will pay me for videos of my dog jumping around, screw it.
    I'll put it this way, you don't get paid by YouTube until you reach $100 dollars. I have a trapping video that has close to 20,000 views. Some of my newer videos are ranging between 4 and 2,000 views. At this rate I'm still probably 2 years shy of making any money. You don't get paid by the number of views. You get paid by how many people click on the adds. I post my videos on forums not in hopes to make money on YouTube but because I love making videos and I love watching other people's videos. I don't even have cable. All of my entertainment comes from YouTube. The main reason I share my videos on forums though is to grow my subscribers. A lot of people don't have YouTube channels so they really don't know how the machine works. Even with the folks who do have channels, only a very small percent of them subscribe, even if they tell you they loved the video. I'm not exactly sure why. It probably just doesn't cross their mind.
    The number of subscribers I get also isn't an attempt to make money. To me, really, it's just a sign that I'm making enjoyable content worth tuning in to.
    YouTube is kind of going down the drain though. They keep changing stuff that's making it harder and harder on the content maker. Meanwhile, they are making a killing off me and other like me and throw a few pennies around to keep people from leaving. They'll continue to throw only pennies until something else comes along with a better business model concerning monetization. Right now there is nowhere.
    I hope this was helpful.
    Unless you are making videos regularly and your videos are all getting regular traffic and most of your videos climb to 20,000 views quite easily, just do it for fun. Keep making content that you would want to watch, do it regularly and in 5 years you might just have 100 bucks a year in your pocket that you made doing something you love vs hitting a time clock haha.
    Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stimestar View Post
    Yep, switch the volume of the music and voice. Also, the fact that you are burning that fire and all those dead leaves are still there, really uhm, caught my attention. Of course, I live in an arctic desert where wild land fires can burn a million acres so am always watching for those types of things.

Yes, Vimeo is great. I've been using it for years for my longer vids.
    Thanks for watching.
    Does vimeo allow monetization?

Unless you are making videos regularly and your videos are all getting regular traffic and most of your videos climb to 20,000 views quite easily, just do it for fun. Keep making content that you would want to watch, do it regularly and in 5 years you might just have 100 bucks a year in your pocket that you made doing something you love vs hitting a time clock haha.
    Thanks for watching!
    About 3-4,500 views a day. I'll let you know in a few weeks how many shiny quarters I earn haha.

I'm the same way as far as entertainment. No cable...just Youtube.
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham

About 3-4,500 views a day. I'll let you know in a few weeks how many shiny quarters I earn haha.

I'm the same way as far as entertainment. No cable...just Youtube.
    Those are some great stats. Nowhere near the traffic I get. You're doing something right for sure!

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

One of the BEST things about Vimeo is not disruptive ads! I also have several thousand views on some of my videos. Have yet to see a check from Youtube.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Well, first day finally post. $1.59 in one day. At that rate i'll have $100 in two months. Not bad for something i've had sitting there anyway. Touche Youtube, you've bought my soul and got me to sell out and buy into your garbage.
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham