Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Have “bugging out” questions please help

F.A.R.T.S. again? Even Max barks when I doo doo that Not a typo. He barks even when I say it. I had to tackle him one night when Crash let loose.
    Last edited by madmax; 05-30-2015 at 01:18 AM.

Well yeah, but in this case F.A.R.T. stands for Fairly Agile Response Team. It's a public service that we offer at no charge......now if only we could find the boat that Pal333 lost.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

What!? Pal lost the boat?! Again!?

I sleep naked in the dirt by the fire. I'm Bipolar and an Alcoholic. What do you people want from me?

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    I sleep naked in the dirt by the fire. I'm Bipolar and an Alcoholic. What do you people want from me?
    That's not completely true....you usually leave your boxers on.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Had a friend at Rondy....slept where he fell over by the fire...We threw a blanket over him.
    New buckskins drawers....(went to the mountain, seen the elephant, alcohol was involved)....woke up with a wet/stained butte on his leathers......

Now....Morning dew?...or slept thru a....ah, well....ah.. potty break?
    Who knows..... the stain is still there.....LOL
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Bugging out often requires some camping skills. I found the base essential camping skills on my own website. I guess that bugging out and surviving also requires not spamming the site that I just joined.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 08-06-2020 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Idiot Spammer

fixin to get ugly Bob
    A man full of grits is a man full of peace.

Take it from an old, retired EM Director, I fully support the Hazard/Risk Assessment and, if done properly, plan accordingly. Now for my opinion, I know you may think you don't have a choice about living in a very urban environment, but think about that!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

I wondered what/who would resurrect a 5 year old thread. Bob the Spammer answered.

When we ain't drunk, sleepin', eatin bacon sammiches, drinkin' coffee or tellin' lies we keep a keen eye on spammers.

If you didn't resurrect 5 year old threads on this site, all you would hear is crickets.. and farts apparently..
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-09-2021 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Restored deleted post

Then why do you participate if its so bad?

Just tryin to see if this place will recover anytime soon. Not many good forums around for the survival types..
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-09-2021 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Restored deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    I wondered what/who would resurrect a 5 year old thread. Bob the Spammer answered.
    Just out of curiosity, do you own a Mannlicher?? I've got an OLD one that's in 9x57 and kicks like a really pissed off mule.

Bolt action with set triggers even..

The story about this rifle is that a Bear hunter killed over 50 bears in California with it. Then when my father got it, we were assigned to Turkey and he used it on over 35 Russian Boars. Man those things was bad to da bone I gotta say.. I've got it now but there ain't much huntin up here in Vancouver, WA that warrants a rifle like that.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-09-2021 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Restored deleted post

What action is it built on? or is it a M-S? Ammo is kinda scarce these days. Where do you find ammo for it?

Alan

Mine is the Mannlicher Shoanar or however you spell it. Dang thing is smooth as silk. I've got a few hundred rounds for mine. Seems to me I recall my pops saying you had to take an 8mm case and neck it up to make new brass for it..

He's done odd things like that quite often. I saw him fryin up some .45 brass on the skillet and once it got hot enough, he used a die to neck the end them down to .38.. So basically, he's packin a .45 cal case with powder and shooting a .38 out of the end of it.. He's got the barrel for a Colt 1911 that will chamber it. I don't recall what accuracy he got with that thing but, I'm thinkin it was mad fast..

Doctor: So, you're sayin this guy was killed with a .38 right??

Bad Guy: Eyup, found this here boolit..

Doctor: What happened to the other 3 dead guys?

Bad Guy: They was standin behind him.. Had to carry them all here in a wheel barrow cause the boolit kilt the truck engine as well.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-09-2021 at 07:26 AM. Reason: Restored deleted posts

Sounds like your dad was a lot more on the ball. He was annealing the cases to soften the brass to form (probably) 38/45 Clerke rounds for low recoil target shooting. The "38" is a little misleading as it is in many other 38 caliber rounds in that it is actually .357 inches and not .38 inches.

There are a good many mannlicher schoenauer models. The 9x56 or 9x57 was also a low recoil round. Don't shoot up all that ammo. It'll be tough getting some more if you don't reload, which it doesn't sound like you do.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan R McDaniel Jr View Post
    Sounds like your dad was a lot more on the ball. He was annealing the cases to soften the brass to form (probably) 38/45 Clerke rounds for low recoil target shooting. The "38" is a little misleading as it is in many other 38 caliber rounds in that it is actually .357 inches and not .38 inches.

There are a good many mannlicher schoenauer models. The 9x56 or 9x57 was also a low recoil round. Don't shoot up all that ammo. It'll be tough getting some more if you don't reload, which it doesn't sound like you do.

Alan
    Yeah, it's the 9x57 caliber. Bolt action is soooo smooth, you can open the bolt with the barrel pointing up, lower the tip of the barrel down and that bolt will slide right in and lock. Set triggers makes it nicer as well. Hard to believe they were making this kind of quality back in the turn of the century.

I'd like to get that 45/38 barrel he has as well. He's also got a high standard pistol that's made for .22 rapid fire that I need to grab.. Ohh and a .40 cal black powder rifle with a swamped barrel. Be need to hunt deer with but, I think it'll eventually become a wall hanger..

About 10 years ago I went around the house and did an inventory of the guns he had then.. I counted 87 guns.. Since then, he's traded a lot of them off for other guns, bought different guns at gun shows, sold some here and there. I don't have any plan to get all those guns and haul them from Florida back to Washington but, I'd prefer my nephew doesn't just go in there grabbing guns, ammo, and reloading equipment and selling it at a pawn shop.
    Last edited by crashdive123; 03-09-2021 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Restored deleted post

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Depends on if he's having a weenie roast or not
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten