Thread: Hello From Across Canada

Default Hello From Across Canada

Was just informed of this tradition and although I'm a little late I thought I'd drop in and say hi.

Your Approximate Age

Your Gender
    Male

Your Geographic Location
    Across Canada

Your Occupation
    Construction

Your Prior Relevant Training
    Expedient explosives and devices(self taught), Gunsmithing (haven't finished my courses due to work, Need to re enroll), Bush craft and survivalism, First aid and AID,

The Nature of Your Prior Experience (Terrain, Season, Number of times/years, and longest duration in Wilderness)
    I'm used to dense wooded areas with spotted swamps and lots of rock, As for duration living in the wilderness I bought my house and land in a secluded location so I only have to leave the wilderness to go to work.

Your Level of Experience
    Always consider myself a novice because there's always something new to learn.

Your Preparedness Planning (type and level)
    Homesteading mostly and living to learn with nothing so I can have everything. A mix of old world and new world teck and traditions to strive towards a self sustaining property and life style.
    Long story short I'm preparing for my retirement now because I don't think people will have one later unless they do it themselves.

Your Interests and Hobbies
    Hiking, Chemistry, Black smiting, Gun smiting, Archery, Primitive living, Bush craft, Foraging, fishing, hunting, trapping, Information stocking and distribution, fixing cars and trucks, Inventing and fabricating new things, Bringing my house and property off grid, Aquaponics, Raised gardens, plating fruit bushes and trees as well as seed planting wild edibles.
    Basically I like to learn a little about a lot so I have my foot in the door if ever I need to expand my knowledge of the subject at hand, Some I follow into more than others but I do what I can with the time I have to do it with.

As for what I'm here for, I'm here to learn and pass on as much as I can and maybe make a few acquaintances along the way.

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Welcome from Alaska.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Welcome from GA!
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Welcome home.

Hunter63 saying Hey and Welcome.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Hello and welcome from Virginia.

Thanks 1983, Welcome to the forum! I trust that you will find lots of interesting and thought provoking information and concepts here!

Hey, another Canadian! Welcome!

Blog Entries

Cool Howdy from Sarge!

Welcome aboard!...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the welcome folks.

Holding to learn from you lads and lasses and give as much as I take if n at all possible.

Also for any Canadians around these parts I'm an Ontario local near Kingston but work in Calgary. If there's any in between I'll be driving across Canada soon if you want to meet up.

So that's why you said "across canada"....I was here like "dude, we live in a *really huge* country, you could narrow it down more than that and stay anonymous"

Kingston! I'm an Ottawa boy mysef, by way of Nunavut growing up, and New Brunswick for university. I occasionally try to convince my wife to move to Kingston...my logic being "you're from BC, I'm from the north, we are used to being by oceans, and Lake Ontario is a fair substitute". hasn't worked yet, but you never know.

tundrabadger I'm actually between Ottawa and Kingston in a one road town... Think Sharbot Lake but more lost in the woods.

I travel allot both to Ottawa and Kingston though and it's just easier for me to say Kingston since I tend to frequent that town more... Mostly because there's more gun stores.

As for the drive across Canada it went well-ish. A good test drive for the new 88 Ford and camper and now I know what all is good and what all needs to be fixed or tweaked in it. Met up with some different folks going either way and taught a fella and his missus how to make a figure four trap.

All in all it's expensive to do (in my truck) but I'd highly suggest doing it at least twice in your life, Really opens up you perspectives and gives you a broader view.

Welcome from saskatchewan!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1983 View Post
    tundrabadger I'm actually between Ottawa and Kingston in a one road town... Think Sharbot Lake but more lost in the woods.

I travel allot both to Ottawa and Kingston though and it's just easier for me to say Kingston since I tend to frequent that town more... Mostly because there's more gun stores.

As for the drive across Canada it went well-ish. A good test drive for the new 88 Ford and camper and now I know what all is good and what all needs to be fixed or tweaked in it. Met up with some different folks going either way and taught a fella and his missus how to make a figure four trap.

All in all it's expensive to do (in my truck) but I'd highly suggest doing it at least twice in your life, Really opens up you perspectives and gives you a broader view.
    Nice area there....I used to go to Blue Skies music festival in Clarendon when I was in highschool. And I wind up going out Lanark way a fair bit.