Thread: You've got to be kidding me

Default You've got to be kidding me

Only in Massachusetts can you be shot by a crazy woman and have all of YOUR firearms confiscated:
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/291...estic-shooting
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Here in Florida it is a felony for any agency to keep records of gun ownership and there is no law that limits anything outside of federal laws regarding ownership.

Still they go into a house where someone is arrest on a warrant for insurance fraud and confiscate all the guns. The guy and his wife had about a dozen guns and some ammo in a safe. But, the police called the press and made a big deal parading out the guns on TV. I'll tell you this. If video taping someone's private collection of firearms that is not involved in the crime and also not mentioned in the warrant isn't a violation of Florida state law. Then I am one dense mother lover!

The problem is that law enforcement isn't required to actually know or follow the law.

And the second Amendment fly's right out the window one more time!

There's a separate law for shooting someone over 60 in Massachusetts?

How about under 18? How about a 30 year old Mom. Idiot politicians.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have developed a very different attitude toward some of these things.

If it happens in Massachusetts I just don't care!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

If it happens in Massachusetts I just laugh and thank God I live in a free state!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

I would love to develop a different attitude......sadly this kind of thinking is a cancer on our rights, and if ignored or laughed at will just keep spreading.

Dumas laws are spreading little here, little there, in the gist of "keeping us safe" from ourselves.....and if not confronted and fought, will take over some day.

This reminds me of a newspaper article in a local paper, many years ago.....

Drug deal broken up, cash and guns confiscated.

The real story....Guy at work, had got paid, went to the saloon, cashed his check.......

Guy at the bar talked him up, wanting to sell him some weed, ...so not being an angle agreed and went out to the parking lot.
    Bought the weed, (small amount)....then got busted leaving the lot.
    Had been a sting, so arrested him, took the rest of his money, $100 bucks, (the weed), and so happened to have his shot gun in the car, legally cased.....

Had to pay a fine after a court date, ended up being a misdemeanor...(good thing, felons can't have guns) so got gun back....but that wasn't in the paper.....and he has a record.

Big bad drug bust.....was just Louis stopping for a brew and cash a check, on Friday night, going hunting in the morning......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

The anti-gunners are trying a new tactic now in MA.
    They are putting things on town meeting warrants, trying to pass things like no shooting on private property (this includes hunting), or no carrying of firearms on town conservation land, or larger than 500 yard setbacks, or ordinances that would attempt to close shooting ranges. The state chapter of the NRA (Gun Owners Action League) has been run ragged trying to get people to read town warrants and getting people to the meetings to squash these things. One town got a no-carry article through before we realized what was happening. The same town that tried to ban certain pistols only last year.

The State House even got in on the action with a well-known anti-gun rep trying to slip a "one gun a month" amendment into the state fiscal budget. The GOAL lobbyist found out about it, got people on the phones to their state reps and just before the budget was passed, the amendments were re-opened and that one was removed. Only by the skin of its teeth though.

So stay sharp. Even if you think it can't happen where you are, watch the town meeting warrants and pay close attention to special elections.

You might laugh at MA but look to your six.
    Last edited by LowKey; 05-28-2015 at 08:22 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…

....I find it hard to believe that the state that brought us the Boston Tea Party, is doing crap like this........
    King George would be proud.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Lowkey, my state has a law that prohibits local gun laws from being more restrictive than state gun laws. It is Ohio Revised Code 9.68. A few cities have tried to fight this and failed at the state supreme court so the law stands firm. Any locality that tries to violate this law gets sued within 6 months or less, usually by the NRA or by OFCC (Ohioans For Concealed Carry).

Long story short, as long as the state holds firm for 2A rights, I can laugh at Mass and extend an invite to move here. I only ask that any Liberal ideology be left over there if they come here.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Do they arrest you for farting in that state? Because I'm pretty sure you can fart in any Walmart in FL and not even nod yer head.

Have you seen the patrons?
    Last edited by madmax; 05-29-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Florida too has a state law that does not allow any city, town or municipality to pass any gun laws that are more restrictive than the state law. If they do, the politicians are personally responsible and will be fined. When that law passed, even those "brave and bold" politicians that tried to protect us from ourselves were quick to strike laws that were on the books that would have "cost" them. Guess their ideology does not extend to their pocketbook.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

They are trying to get such a law passed here to avoid the patchwork mess that will happen where you don't know if you can legally carry from one town to another. Which may be the point....

Most of the legislation like that gets stuck "in committee" and never sees the light of day. That's what happens in a near total one-party state.

Banned

Default I would fight it in court and ask NRA for help

That news story from Boston on Fox news raised many issues. Just one of many that concerned me was that they named the victim of the shooting and that he had 66 firearms. Assuming that they return these to him, and I hope they do, I certainly cannot understand why they would not unless some were listed as stolen, now there is a public record for all criminals to see that he has a lot of easy to sell firearms. He will forever be the target of crime. According to FBI statistics only about 15% of criminals who commit crimes with a firearm got their firearm by stealing it but many people steal firearms and sell for drugs and other reasons. I hope the NSSF or NRA or some other organization assists him in bringing effective legal action against the Boston police for taking his firearms and making this information public. Similar violations of civil rights have happened in other major cities on the East and Left coasts. It takes a lot of time and energy to fight this deterioration of the American Constitution and 2nd Amendment. Just my 2 cents. Texas is going liberal fast, we have our hands full down here, perhaps it is due to some folks who moved here from the E and W coasts but I think some were also born here.

Some collectable firearms may be good long term investments, but IMO best NOT to store them all in you apartment/house or just one location, even if your domestic partner (girlfriend in this case) is not showing any signs of mental instability or jealousy. Men can be even more jealousy of their girlfriends so it goes both ways.