Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pocket Knife Trauma

Now that right there is funny I don't care who you are. God Bless them little people shootin' pygmies down there in New Guinea.

That's awesome crash. My side hurts from that laugh!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I have nothing

Once you hunt with Dick Chaney - you might also need a new heart!
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

That was funny....and even more so...some places carrying you CW is legal, and blades over a certain length, possibility be not legal.

Shelby Stanga from Ax Men....always discussed his puppy Pi$$ Willie....."A pistol and a pocket knife"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

That's one nice thing about my CCW, it allows me to carry anything; firearm, switchblade, knife, sword, brass knuckles, billy club, blackjack or attack ferret.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    That's one nice thing about my CCW, it allows me to carry anything; firearm, switchblade, knife, sword, brass knuckles, billy club, blackjack or attack ferret.
    Youre lucky Kyrat! In ohio, a CCW only applies to handguns. Not long guns, knives, clubs, sprays or anything else.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Our CCW doesn't apply to knives either. I think that's a good thing since you can carry a knife without having a CCW. Very few laws here on knives.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Is that an attack ferret in your pocket?

Same down here. The main reason I originally got my CCW was because of Florida's knife law. The law simply read that carrying any knife other than a "common pocket knife" illegal. There was no definition of a common pocket knife. And, I have heard many law enforcement officers wrongly state the law as it applies to knives and guns. So, the officer gets to interpret the law first, then the prosecutor and finally a jury.

In 2001 Porter vs Florida it was found that a folding knife with a blade less than 4" is a common pocket knife. Unless "However, if the pocket knife has too many features, it might not be a “common pocket knife.” The case of F.R. vs State in 2012 found that 3 inch pocket knife with serrations, a notch grip, hilt guard, and locking mechanism does not count as a “common pocket knife.” "

With my CCW I can legally carry anything I have desired to carry so far. BTW, that pocket knife mention as having too many features I mentioned above. A SAK or a multi-tool would have been fine. Also, you can carry any knife designed for work, such as a boxcutter or razor knife concealed legally without a permit.

Now they have clarified that

Good heavens. You need a knife law pocket wheel just to keep track of what's legal and what's not.

I have a friend in Australia and it is illegal to carry any kind of knife unless you use it for work! And even then it better not look mean! Supposedly out in the bush you can pretty much carry any kind of knife as long as you don't get caught with it...........LOL Pretty strict laws there!