Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where in the world to go!?

Banned

Default Where in the world to go!?

Hello,
    Im new to this forum,
    all basicly i want to find a good country to live in the wilderness for a year or so and i have been looking around. I plan to leave in a years time after i have properly tested my equipment, read up on the country i decied to go to and also spoken to native guides and people about the land, animales and vegetation.

But i am a bit stuck, there are obviously loads of factors to consider like predators, poisonous and venimous animales, the terrain and so on. And also a country with relaxed gun laws so i can pick up a hunting rifle.

As for me, I grew up farming (i know how to keep a garden and grow crops aswell as live stock), iv always been interested in survival and have done many week long hikes and such, my bush craft skills are good but i also plan on going on some survival/bushcraft courses before leaving.

Thanks!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

What are we up to now?

Is this 4 this week or 5 juveniles looking for Never Never Land?

Again, no introduction, no information, no age listed and only the fact that he is a welshboy looking for somewhere to escape too.

Mind you that Wales is the favored area for bug out locations in England and this person is trying to leave while everyone else is going there to survive.

I'm getting to old for this $h!#, some other responsible parent refer this poor soul to one of the other warning threads we are currently engaged in.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 05-10-2015 at 02:08 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

Well im 21, wouldnt count my self as juvenile but heyho! And i would say never land i just want somewhere on this planet to be honest...
    well no information because i just made this profile inbetween studying for my peace and conflict degree (but if you want more info on me i guess you could ask the NSA?)

Yeah Wales is nice but i dont live there anymore currently in sweden, all i asked for was a decent location i can look into..... for all that effot typing out 4 paragraphs on how your too old and im to young you could have just suggested a country....

In order for anybody here to offer you any meaningful advice we will need more information. Since we are not on a first name basis with the NSA it will be incumbent on you to provide it. Age - 21 - gotcha.

Specific skills (bushcraft is kind of broad)
    >>>hunting skills?
    >>>foraging (wild edible plants) skill?
    >>>climate preferred and experience in it?
    >>>gear?
    >>>passport/visa?
    >>>money to purchase non resident hunting/fishing licences or guides (yep - that's a reality in some places)?
    There is so much more you could provide. It is you seeking information. If you want others to help you, you must first help yourself.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And there is always google, there you can type in everything your looking for and get the info you might want! because asking in open forum will get you hundreds of different opinions and ideas.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

No matter what, I can always count on Kyrat to make me smile and nod my head in agreement esp. when it come to plights like these.

Hey, WelshBoy, we're not clairvoyant...tell us what's wrong with Sweden considering you left Wales for a specific reason. A bit odd that at 21, it seems 2 countries (or is it 3...you list Italy as well) are already not to your liking.

Australia is your best bet.
    There are the best survival/bushcrafter, instructors, there.....you just missed one of the best.
    Look up Enigma.....Former member....
    Last edited by hunter63; 05-10-2015 at 04:37 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Vaild point!

1.Well hunting skills are good (shooting and trapping) also good at fishing
    2.foraging skills not so much always been quite cautious about it (just afraid of being poisoned)
    3.Well i would prefer to warmer climate so i could grow my own vegetables and herbs, and i have lived in italy so im used to their hot summers
    4.i have a base of what gear i need e.g clothes (although may need tweeking if i chose colder climate), traps, cooking equipment, water purification and so on
    5.u.k passport i can sort out visa when it comes to it
    6.money isnt really an issue

Thanks

Banned

Google is one thing, actually asking and getting answers with a variety of options is alot more helpful to me

Good hunting, good weather, long growing season, Texas !! but im kinda partial
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

One still need a reference......so specific questions are most valuable.

Banned

What sort of game is there in texas!?
    and also Australia hunter63? Iv always loved Australia and have good friends from there while i have been traveling, but one thing always sits on my mind, the bugs! Got some very dangerous animals lol, all my friends say they never see them but thats because they live in the city, so if i were to consider the outback how likely is it to get in a stickey situation with them?

Banned

Hey, well im only here in Sweden to study dont like the country much personally, but italy is where i live in the summers. I know it seems odd but i went traveling at 19 and ended up living in Italy and go back to work there every summer and is more of a permanent residents than wales at the moment. Iv though about finding somewhere in italy BUT i want to explore more of the world

Don't know never been there....but you will have bugs, no matter where you go including Alaska....

http://www.alaska.org/advice/mosquitoes-in-alaska

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by TheWelshBoy View Post
    Well im 21, wouldnt count my self as juvenile but heyho! And i would say never land i just want somewhere on this planet to be honest...
    well no information because i just made this profile inbetween studying for my peace and conflict degree (but if you want more info on me i guess you could ask the NSA?)

Yeah Wales is nice but i dont live there anymore currently in sweden, all i asked for was a decent location i can look into..... for all that effot typing out 4 paragraphs on how your too old and im to young you could have just suggested a country....
    How Strange!!!

I was going to suggest that you try Sweden.

Plenty of forest, plenty of game, nice people,

I know people here the pay to go hunting there!

And do keep in mind that almost every country you go to will have all the tillable land tied up in private ownership. Just about all the "public land" on the face of the earth denies farming use or permanent residence, limiting stays to a few weeks.
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 05-10-2015 at 06:44 PM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I'm still laughing at the "relaxed gun laws" part...

If money isn't really an issue, have you thought about looking into buying a place where you can camp out?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    What are we up to now?

Is this 4 this week or 5 juveniles looking for Never Never Land?

Again, no introduction, no information, no age listed and only the fact that he is a welshboy looking for somewhere to escape too.

Mind you that Wales is the favored area for bug out locations in England and this person is trying to leave while everyone else is going there to survive.

I'm getting to old for this $h!#, some other responsible parent refer this poor soul to one of the other warning threads we are currently engaged in.
    Spring, Kyrat. Brings this sort of thing out in many of us. The snow melts away, the days grow longer, the flowers bloom, young men;s thoughts either turn to love or building cabins in the woods. Tundrabadger says "I should buy a boat. I should buy a sailboat and just, like, *go* somewhere. " that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tundrabadger View Post
    Spring, Kyrat. Brings this sort of thing out in many of us. The snow melts away, the days grow longer, the flowers bloom, young men;s thoughts either turn to love or building cabins in the woods. Tundrabadger says "I should buy a boat. I should buy a sailboat and just, like, *go* somewhere. " that sort of thing.
    Or as 1stimestar related....the bodies start melting out of the ice and snow......

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Or as 1stimestar related....the bodies start melting out of the ice and snow......
    Which is a pretty good reason to pack up and go hide in the woods, really.

You're 21. You're fluent in Italian and English. Spanish is no big jump from Italian. I'd consider going to Guatemala City, catch a minibus to Antigua, get a room at the price level of your choice, go the Mono Loco and sit down at the bar and ask some questions. It's owned by some Canadians and you'll find English there too. You'll be in the mountains surrounded by many small towns. Nice weather. You'll see many Mayan indians in the streets and selling food in the market there. You may end up with them or teaching english to some rich kids in a remote village.
    Plenty of people your age traveling with backpacks from different countries. You will need local friends for help and to keep you safe for what you want to do, but they will be friendly and that should be easy. You should be able to barter for lessons or labor for a place to stay and/or being shown foods and traditional methods if you want.