Thread: THe Place...2015

Default THe Place...2015

4 hour ride to "The Place" our cabin.....or Homestead....or BOL...or retirement home...or hunting camp....or vacation cabin.....Whatever I feel like calling it today.

Today I call it "Good"....not broke into, water started up, no leaks,..... so far....clocks flashing, so electric was off at some point....(we don't leave anything in the freezer any longer).

4 wheeler started right up, tractor on battery charger, so not yet.....old 4 wheeler, need a battery, won't take a charge.
    Sheds intact no mouse nests yet that I could find......

Gonna need the tractor to clean up dead falls in trails over the winter.

As mentioned, took the 4 wheeler down the trails into lower field, kicked up a couple hen turkeys they ran up the hill....
    I hunt on top of the ridge above the cabin.....so already asked and receiver permission to hunt my spots again.

So gonna head out soon to the saloon for a bite.....don't feel like cooking tonight.
    We need to make a supply run to stock up...easier carrying cash that canned goods.....the last batch we used from last year.
    Usually we haul pre-packed mike crates with all supplies......this time just the basics dry stuff, and refrig stuff.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

sounds like it all went well. In regards to the batteries, I have often wondered if a solar battery maintainer would be just the ticket to keep batteries in good order when left for a extended period of time.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I do have elect in the sheds....had used the "maintainer trickle chargers" off and on for a lot of years....not sure if they help or not.
    Some batteries lased many years in equipment and 4 wheelers....other seem to just be dead.

A dirt bike/enduro I had for may years....I would take out the battery in the fall, dump it out at a friends gas station.....leave it dry...fill with fresh acid in the spring, charge it up and worked fine for 9 or ten years.
    Seemed to work the best.

Glad The Place is cooperating and didn't turn into The*^&%%$!!! Place.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

aaaaah man. When ya find it, get it, you can make it. Go baby. Your world man.

Had a Tom turkey gobbling down in the valley this morning....hadn't seen many this past week.....Oh well.
    Been crappy weather all week.
    Got back to the cabin....fertilizer truck spreading fertilizer in the fields....neighbors are doing the farming.....so much for organic...LOL

Gonna head back to town in a day or so...trying to make up my mind to mow or not...doesn't really need it so far....but will before I get back......Hummmm

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Hey Hunter, it's no longer a BOL, or a hunting camp, when you have electricity in the sheds!

Why don't you pull the battery out of something else, crank up the tractor and mow. It will take the worry off and you will not have an overgrown mess on your next trip.

I hate when grass gets away from me and I have to go over it twice, once with the blade high and again with the blade low.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Hasn't been a BOL (or at least a primitive BOL for a while now).
    Guy had to take down a small tree to get for one field to the other with the biggest fertilizer spreader I have ever seen.
    Looks like corn this year....I like corn...holds the deer in the area better.

Tractor back up and running....had a spare new battery in the shed...LOL....So maybe mow tomorrow.
    Old 4 wheeler needs a new battery as well.....charged it for a couple of days....dead.....Next time out for that.

Went visiting to the year around neighbor down the road....just keeping the "network intact"....they are doing well, and caught up on local news.

Rode down by the river....geese have a nest some where down there...kinda wanted me to back off....so I did.

Best day all week so far.

Decided to mow anyway....just finished up.
    Gonna leave the river bank in case the turkey/goose nests are in the way....that I can't see.

Usually mow the bank for the canoe-ers.....

Nice day today.....gonna do a perimeter walk as see what I can see.....found a muskrat skull in the fence line yesterday.

Default May Update....

Got out here Thursday.....great weather, had been cold and nasty back in the city.....

Tractor started right up, took two days to finish all the mowing.....
    4 wheelers newer one running......
    Sat.....trip to town, Farmers market, shopping, fishing license for DW....and hardware store for quad battery .......lunch.

Sunday morning....raining, which means...no guilt,.... can't weed-whack...too wet.....

Coffee, scones and maybe a screwdriver to chase the clouds away.

Remembering all the "fun" we had in past years, Memorial Day Camping, or Rondy...getting wet and being cold....
    Cabin warm and cozy.
    Lazy day......

Enjoy it my friend.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel