Thread: IT,s turky season

Default IT,s turky season

yes folks it,s turkey season and those dead birds don,t need their feathers anymore
    but i do so if it is possible lawfully i guess i here one can give wild turky feathers away.
    and i,m looking for some.so if any one wants to bless hayshaker with tail or wing feathers
    oh and the fluffy onnes too heh heh. i,ll take em. whos yer buddy.

Our season ended last weekend. Very slow turkey season this year.

Wish I could help but just like deer, pig, coyote and everything else i've tried to hunt I found out how hard it is. Well, not the actual hunting, but finding somewhere to even attempt to....Think i've spent a couple hundred bucks in gas driving what feels like this entire county looking for somewhere to hunt....private...private...Finally found one spot, came back the next day and noticed it was private too, the signs were just down. Another reason I love hunting from a kayak and diving....any navigable water way can't be private...this is so frustrating.
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Getting pretty well versed in DFG laws. Every time I see a turkey/spot I just run through my mental checklist of laws and see which one will prevent me...

150 yards of a road...

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    R.I.P.

SFC Raymond Munden
    CPL Charles Gaffney
    SSG Nolan P. Barham

http://s1357.photobucket.com/user/Wi...3126b.gif.html

Like most animals. Turkeys are usually where I'm not and not where I am.

The turkeys here have got it down. Spring and fall they all move into people's backyards. Not only do they usually get a free meal of birdseed, you can't shoot em within 500ft of an occupied building (at least not without permission.) I've seen a lot of dancing toms in the mornings on my drive in to work. Which means they are also within 150' of a road.

I think they are actually hunting humans. The two toms that were dancing in the center island of the Concord Rotary on Rt 2 (one of the most dangerous rotaries in the state) nearly caused a multi-car pileup as people slowed down to point and look...
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Ours starts Wednesday, so will let you know.
    Saw two hens down below the cabin along the river, when I went for a ride....might have nests already...
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Sean saw one all of turkey season and we had them crossing in front of the UTV yesterday.