Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Off-site backups

True....I had not thought about it!

Blog Entries

Sadly yes we do. No plant material from outside EU and only seeds from certified producers. Thanks for the offer though.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

That's what I meant. You can ship them okay but British customs might impound them. If you do just hope the sniffer dog has sinus problems that day.

Simple solution to that. I live next to the US/Mexican border and when the people cross and want to hide their valuables they UN-stitch a Beanie baby and fill it up with beans and valuables dogs aren't trained to smell seeds.

I mean in a survival situation where you need these seeds or you will die....I could get them there(I am in no way shape or form advocating the crossing of uncertified seeds)
    Last edited by cacteye; 04-15-2015 at 10:52 AM. Reason: :-p

Guerrila gardening the first time i read about this it was about the VietNam war.
    the vietcong used to plant gardens along trails a few plant here and there.
    like that.

that sounds pretty cool. so If i were to "trail-blaze" an area on a forest land i could grow along the trail. That is a great Idea.

Large bipedal Primate Billofthenorth's Avatar

Much of the parkland that I frequent was once farmland. There are a lot of old apple trees mixed in with the newer growth that has overtaken the fallow fields the last 50 years or so. Not to mention the blackberries and raspberries and other edible plants growing out there. It never hurts to learn their locations and is a good excuse for a hike. You could also guerilla plant a few of your own, preferably off trail where they would be harder to spot by other hikers. I imagine setting up small patches of potatoes, onions, strawberries, asparagus etc that you could keep an eye on wouldn't hurt. Some of them are perennials and even those that aren't MIGHT reseed themselves. I've had some luck in my yard with neglected potatoes and tomatoes reappearing the next year with no help from me.