Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Survival Movies

Grey Owl is a great film.

Also, a film from Norway called "the Pathfinder" is awesome. It has a lot of traditional scandanavian lifeways in it
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Blog Entries

Cool Just watched...

...The Happening. It was "Okay" as far as I go, but both my wife & son really enjoyed it a lot more than me. I just thought that M. Night S. could have done a lot more with the premise that he developed. But then I've always felt that he was a "Stephen King Wannabe". (just my opinion guys.)
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

The Sound of Music. Yeah, yeah, yeah.......but if you consider the story of the Von Trapp family.....
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Ya dang straight!

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    I think the most recent (2007) "best survival movie" has to be "rescue dawn".
    I loved that movie so much I bought a copy. Outstanding film!
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Dieter Dengler was captured not once but twice in real life. The scene where he was captured while drinking from a river is based on his second capture.
    "A person is not finished when they are defeated.
    A person is finished when they quit."

Aney one see A challagen to be free ( I thanks that the name of the move) about a traper around the turn of the century in Canada of Alaska. He shoot someone in self defence and Is being chased by the local lawenforcement. Thair is a few good senes like when he dry saves the traper that started the trouble with an ax, and when he kills a big horn sheep with his hands (not very likley but fun to watch).

Cool link about "The Mad Trapper" of Death Hunt and Challenge to be Free
    http://www.mysteriesofcanada.com/NWT/madtrapper.htm
    The way of the canoe is the way of the wilderness and of a freedom almost forgotten- Sigurd Olson

Give me winter, give me dogs... you can keep the rest- Knud Rasmussen

Misery with James Caan...The Ghost and the Darkness with Micheal Douglas...Zulu with Michael Caine....and Schindler's List with Liam Neeson. Great survival movies all.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

So many movies have their roots in survival. Think about all of the WWII movies, especially any depicting the Battaan Death March.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    The Sound of Music. Yeah, yeah, yeah.......but if you consider the story of the Von Trapp family.....
    Well, obviously we all have to agree, after all they weren't the Von Trapped family, so uh, yeah....you know...Hey is that Julie Andrews over there? (slips out while they all have their heads turned to check)
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Quote Originally Posted by remy View Post
    If everything else fails, you can always get lost in Zooey's eyes...and wander.
    A.
    I agree with your take on the movie Remy, it was excellent. The only reason I saved that little bit of the quote was because, with Zooey's eyes...yes indeed one can ...wander
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

that looks amazing.

retired American

The Snow Walker is in my opinion a great survival movie and also written by Farley Mowat. I also like Rambo 4 as it was made where I live. I also like Death Hunt, Apocalypto, and a movie whose name I cannot recall but it was about American pilots shot down in Laos during the Vietnam War.

The Great Escape about WWII escape from a Nazi POW camp it starseither Paul Newman or Steve McQueen I can't remember which.

reluctantpawn

What about Red Dawn. Sort of a survival movie.

Quote Originally Posted by reluctantpawn View Post
    The Great Escape about WWII escape from a Nazi POW camp it starseither Paul Newman or Steve McQueen I can't remember which.

reluctantpawn
    Steve McQueen, James Garner, Donal Pleasance, Charles Bronson, Richard Attenborough, Jame Coburn

Quote Originally Posted by doug1980 View Post
    What about Red Dawn. Sort of a survival movie.
    WOLVERINES!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Or the Mad Max Trilogy

Trapper

I don't know if this is the right title... But Jerimiah Johnson. Or my favorite that I know is right are the Adventures of Francis Tucket. They only aired a few time and not many people care for them. But I have them on tape :]
    The wind blows where it chooses, and you hear the sound of it, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes.

John 3:8

How about "The Mountain Men" Charlton Heston, "The Day After Tommorrow", Castaway had me screaming at the screen because of all the things he did wrong. The Great Escape is actually more of an evasion movie than a survival movie. Here is another one "Walkabout" it is an austrailian movie. And of course there is Crocadile Dundee and Quigley Down Under.