Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Survival Movies

Blog Entries

Cool Survival Movies

Anybody care to list their favorite "survival" films? I just finished watching three that I like:

1.) Cast Away. (You were right, Owl Girl, Wilson was a vollyball...silly air-head)

2.) The Edge.

3.) A Cry in the Wild.

getting ready to watch an old one with John Wayne in it called "Island in the Sky". It's in black & white, that's how old it is.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Lets see, the one that I can think of isn’t as much of a survival film as Cast Away but it still has survival stuff in it.
    “Never Cry Wolf” was a lot of fun. The name sounds corny but the movie is really funny and its based on a true story.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Wolf! Wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by owl_girl View Post
    Lets see, the one that I can think of isn’t as much of a survival film as Cast Away but it still has survival stuff in it.
    “Never Cry Wolf” was a lot of fun. The name sounds corny but the movie is really funny and its based on a true story.
    I got that one as well! Liked the scene where the guy's walking across the frozen lake and the ice breaks under him. Thought lunching on field mice was kinda gross though.
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

The military has some very interesting films about surviving... each one is set to be for the Air Force, Navy, or whatever. They can sometimes be found in auctions or off ebay... they are the best, though, i think ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge47 View Post
    I got that one as well! Liked the scene where the guy's walking across the frozen lake and the ice breaks under him. Thought lunching on field mice was kinda gross though.
    I thought I was funny when the mice were all looking at him well he was eating a bowl of mouse stew so he started laughing at them and eating faster, kind of sadistic but it was funny.

Blog Entries

Wink Of mice and men.

I thought I was funny when the mice were all looking at him well he was eating a bowl of mouse stew so he started laughing at them and eating faster, kind of sadistic but it was funny.
    Yeah, I agree, lol, but I thought the Wolves were really cool though.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

Default best survival movie ever

jerimiah johnson.....do i need to say more.. cheers

1.) Rambo I

2.) Hatchet

3.) Shooter (Not really wilderness survival...but still one of the better movies i've watched recently)

1. A Walk in the Snow
    2. The Edge
    3. Jeremiah Johnson
    4. Never Cry Wolf
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

I picked a DVD some where Caled The Fast Runner about Inuets way back it is subtitled a bit long but very good about living in the artic has some evil drama as well.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Blog Entries

Jerimiah Johnson
    The Hunted
    First Blood
    Death Hunt

Default Death Hunt (mad trapper)

There are at least 2 books out there that death hunt was based on, one is a novel ond on is a weel put together reshearch type book both are quite interesting.
    KNOWLEDGE the ulitmate survival tool

I AM HURT BUT NOT SLAIN, I WILL LIE DOWN AND BLEED A WHILE THEN I WILL RISE UP AND FIGHT AGAIN.

Blog Entries

Death Hunt
    Albert Johnson aka the Mad Trapper, alot of info. can be dug up right on the net.

If you watch Death Hunt, you will notice that there are ideas that were pulled and use in First Blood.

Blog Entries

Jeremiah Johnson
    The Hunted
    Dath Hunt
    Last of the Dog Men (how the Cheyenne survived)
    Best Native American Movie: 500 Nations, Dances With Wolves, Last of the Mohicans
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

The Edge
    "Jermiah" of course!
    Dances with Wolves (I have been called "she who stands with fists" a time or two)LOL
    Ghosts in the Darkness(Story of zsavo's maneating lions)
    ~Earth receives foot and paw, hoof and claw with equal grace. But it is the way of the wild not to overstep...let's leave no trace that wind, rain and snow cannot erase~

Never seen Death Hunt with the mad trapper...I will have to look that up.
    ~Earth receives foot and paw, hoof and claw with equal grace. But it is the way of the wild not to overstep...let's leave no trace that wind, rain and snow cannot erase~

Blog Entries

Ghosts in the Darkness(Story of zsavo's maneating lions)
    I read that book, nothing like the movie, but just as exciting.

I always forget "Last of the Dogmen," boy that was a good movie.

Excellent choice. Never Cry Wolf is by/about one of my favorite writers,Farley Mowat. I would encourage anyone to read any (or all) of his many books. Recently a movie was based on another of his books. I believe it's called The Snow Walker or something similar. It's about an Alaskan bush pilot who doesn't care for the natives who crashes while transporting a sick Inuit woman. Of course, he ends up surviving by relying on her wilderness skills.

Blog Entries

Cool Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    Excellent choice. Never Cry Wolf is by/about one of my favorite writers,Farley Mowat. I would encourage anyone to read any (or all) of his many books. Recently a movie was based on another of his books. I believe it's called The Snow Walker or something similar. It's about an Alaskan bush pilot who doesn't care for the natives who crashes while transporting a sick Inuit woman. Of course, he ends up surviving by relying on her wilderness skills.
    See if you can find the actual title, I'd like to see that one.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin