Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5000 year old stone age arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    So you're saying man hasn't impacted his environment?
    Not to the extent of changing the weather.

I thought we just agreed?

We did sort of. But then I had to rethink it. Explain the Dust Bowl years or smog if we haven't impacted the weather. We've done a lot of dumb stuff to this planet.

the dust bowl was caused by extended drought and wind

Smog is man made and is more likely to cause health problems than it is to change the weather. The "average" temp has gone up 1/10th of one percent since the industrial age. Go back to the 1980's and the experts said the temp is going down and the earth will freeze over before the year 2000 if we didnt act immediately, we didn't act and we're still here

I would have expected the average temp to rise much more due to the increased number of paved roads, paved runways, dark colored roof tops, increase in population generating body heat, etc...

Man has done a lot of stupid things to the planet and will continue to do so (see China pollution) which gets me upset because its hard on the lungs and human health but not significant enough to cause long term weather change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    We did sort of. But then I had to rethink it. Explain the Dust Bowl years or smog if we haven't impacted the weather. We've done a lot of dumb stuff to this planet.
    keep thinking, I'll set you straight

Actually, the dust bowl was created by improper farming methods. The drought would not have created the dust storms. It would have been another drought just as California is experiencing. If you believe that pumping tons of chemicals into the atmosphere has 0 effect on weather then nothing I say can educate you. I'll leave it with two words....cloud seeding.

Ahhh the farming methods may have been a factor but they are still farming there today and they still get dust storms

If cloud seeding worked then why don't they end the drought in Ca?

I believe tons of chems in the air have a far more damaging affect on human health than on the weather. If it did affect the weather why has nothing changed since the industrial age?

Mt. St Helens blew back in the early 80's and blacked out the sky for days over many states and dust (chems) where floating around for months, but the weather did not change. Granted a super volcano blowing up and blocking the sun from the entire planet, would have a dramatic effect but my point is St Helens put more crap in the air in those few days than human pollution does over many years.

Has anyone here made slate points?
    Last edited by Rick; 05-04-2015 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Restored Post

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    Don't youse guys know nuttin? global warming is cased by cow farts

Eat more beef!
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Has anyone here made slate points?
    not me but if folks figured out how to drill slate for wood sockets 5000 year's ago... OK I looked it up and its low and slow.. when you are drilling and with what... Here is something else look at the wood rods in the photo... there are grooves in the wood to help it spiral after the shot. YES the wood is rifled...wow....
    Last edited by Wise Old Owl; 04-26-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    “There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag … We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language … and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.”

Theodore Roosevelt 1907