Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got my Garrett Revolver IWB holster for the LCRx 3" today! V2.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Smith revolvers have traditionally used a hammer block system.

There is a piece of steel between the hammer and the frame that prevents the fixed firing pin from striking the cartridge unless the trigger is pulled to remove it from place.

That is exactly the opposite from the "transfer bar" which goes into place when the trigger is pulled to allow the hammer to strike a separate firing pin which strikes the cartridge.

Either system is efficient and safe. You can strike the hammer with a solid object and it will not fire the gun unless the trigger is fully to the rear. Neither will a snagged hammer discharge the weapon.

Or a shirt tail brushing the trigger.

I pocket carry my snub nosed revolvers frequently with no holster and very often using simple IWB holsters. There are no safety concerns outside the normal safe gun handling processes.

Thumb snaps and straps are best used for retention but if they make you feel safe so much the better.
    I looked at my revolvers as I cocked the hammer back without it getting all the way back and I can now see the metal block slide down and when I lower the hammer it slides back up unless I press the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
    My dad just got an lcrx and hasn't gotten a holster yet. He said he wanted an IWB so I will have to show this to him!
    I would actually recommend Garrett's regular IWB instead of the Revolver IWB for this particular gun. Since the cylinder is so small anyway there's not a huge need to move the clip off of center. The regular IWB is a lot smaller. I got the Revolver IWB to try it out since I'd never had one before but I had it to do over I'd get the other one instead.

Still, I'm happy with it after a few minor tweaks.

Okay thx for the advice!
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind...
    -Thomas Jefferson