Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G,s,W KIT FOR B,O,B

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    I've got a book called "The Good Old Days-They were Terrible!" somewhere on my shelf. It talks about the morphine addicts. It's kind of interesting...
    In 19th century England the police were opposed to restrictions on opium and morphine because the normal reaction of the addicts was to turn to alcohol.

Morphine and opium addicts were usually mellowed out and easy to control, alcohol made the victims irritable and combative!

Just sayin'.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    Yea, right!

Soap, clean fingernails, stop and operation for treatment of cuts, oregano and emu oil ???

You have never operated in a real SHTF environment have you?

One where your clothes decomposed at the seams, leather boots rotted off your feet in 3 days, shower points were three weeks separated and people were trying to kill you?

I caught skin fungus in 1972 that was not cured until 1997 !! I think it finally died from long term exposure to civilization, because no medication would touch it.

And my problems were quite simple in the total scope of things.
    Some people have all the luck while the rest of us grunts have to improvise and make mountains out of molehills.
    If you've ever done that, you know it's a thankless job fraught with peril and ridicule.

no KRAT i,ve never been to budop or an khe like some or drank out of the song my. but i have been in the tropics and i do know a little about staph and how it can jump on you real qucik in high humidity areas like the fla keys. as for oregano oil
    it is quite successful for the treatment of cuts srapes and various other things it is a antiviral. emu oil is for burns. as is
    silver gel.krat look at the bright side your here to tell the story. my cousin was a marine 18yrsold got killed in danang
    the first day of tet68.i remember seeing him before he shipped out it was christmas 1967.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Sorry about you brother Hayshaker. As I said, I had it much better than some.

As for the oils and bird grease, it is not that I do not think they will work or do not understand what they are for, It is simply a matter of being in a situation where there are more pressing things to deal with than ointments on scuffs and scratches.

Or perhaps I have a different concept of SHTF due to my life experiences.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

I have seen more injuries from chain saws, axes and hatchets than gunshot wounds in my camping experience. I think it is a prudent course of action to be prepared to stop an arterial bleed, "pack a wound" and use a tourniquet. I have treated some GSWs but that was as an EMT with a truck(Ambulance) and a 20 minute trip to the ER usually. I did help treat a gun shot wound in a deer hunting camp once. The Gentleman shot himself in the right foot just as he was about to unload his revolver and clean it. We were about an hour or so getting him to an ER. ADs suck. I carry Quik Clot now and a couple CATs too and some of those Israeli Emergency Bandages also in my kit nowadays. Plus 4X4s and several roller bandages. Way more than any IFAK that I put in my back pack when I am hiking. Use the tools you have been trained on.
    Last edited by DSJohnson; 03-20-2015 at 12:20 AM.

arterial bleeding can happen many ways not just gsw,s body punctures severe lacerations and so on
    i think it,s just good to have on hand though booboo,s are most likeky to happen burns sprains bites heat
    exaustion and so on i carry a bolwout bag for all this.