Thread: Kyrat - Better Get Your Milk Bread and Eggs In!!!

Default Kyrat - Better Get Your Milk Bread and Eggs In!!!

Looks like Kaintuck is in for a bunch more snow. Let's us know if it gets too bad and we'll think about a F.A.R.T. rescue. You do have bacon and coffee, right?

I've got 7inchs so far in the yard. That was an hr and half ago, I'm just heading to bed. Doubt if the dw gets out of the drive in the morning. Floyd county has issued an emergency, don't want any one out driving. And it is still coming down big time.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Y'all stay safe.

Did I mention it was 86 degrees here yesterday?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

the iceage commeth. 2sunspots today daybefore none. the sun is entering into a cool stage
    just like the maunder minimum.i say go long on firewood and thermal clothing.
    hey crash i remember 86 degrees i think it was last july.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash
    Did I mention it was 86 degrees here yesterday?
    You, sir, are despicable!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

The snow just arrived this morning. We are supposed to get 5 to 8 inches with some areas receiving more. I live in some of the higher elevation so we shall see. Got my eggs bread and milk so let her rip.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Mine began yesterday with a day of rain changing over to big wet flakes at 11:00am on the nose. The flakes were the size of Frisbees and weighed about a pound each. The rain melted most of the previous 3 week old snow pack so this was snow on bare ground.

The rain on Tuesday was the weird part of the scenario. We had 50 degree rain falling on snow pack. this caused a fog that rose from the ground in big swirling vortexes and limited visibility to about 25 yards over a base of solid white snow fading into dense fog and gray cloud cover. I was driving on I75 and actually was suffering from vertigo.

They had to change the flight path to the airport and the planes were screeching over my house about 10 feet over the ground.

The snow was not steady here. We were on the fringe of the heavy stuff in my area. 5 miles north only had 3"-4", 5 miles south had 10-12".

I have 6-8" piled on the picnic table but there are some 12" drifts in the front yard.

We have enough snow that it no longer phases me. I stay stocked up. Food on the shelves and gear at the ready. Every November I get ready and stay that way until April. Even have filled propane tanks on the back porch and the heater in the utility room just in case.

The only thing I do extra when I hear about a front moving through is wash all the clothes in the house in case the water freezes up.

Latter today I will clean off and crank up the Cherokee and head for town. Thursday is lunch with the "Liars Club", can't miss that!
    Last edited by kyratshooter; 03-05-2015 at 11:47 AM.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Got 4 and 1/2 yesterday....with some rain on top....

......and Crash, I so want to get a pic of the plastic gator head, in the storm holding pond, next to the car dealership.

Want to get a pic him frozen in the ice...he's covered with snow now, can't see him.....a pic with a goose sitting on him would be good...

I'll keep trying.....

Ya I know has been a long winter.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I work in Eastern Kaintuck, and I had a foot of the white stuff when I got up this morning ! Still got light flurries, gonna dip below zero tonight, the mighty Ohio is running high and its gonna warm up into the 40's and 50's starting Saturday and melt all this crap so it can make the river rise even higher ! I HATE SNOW !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Hummm, don't think that one is plastic.......

I think it's not only sad but pretty danged sneaky when dinosaurs revert to camouflage. I'll admit it's not a real good job but given time they'll be wearing Ghillie suits.

just rub his tummy and he,ll be your friend even mr alligator needs love.

"None shall pass" .......Black Knight (Gator) at bridge....

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0032564/quotes
    Last edited by hunter63; 03-05-2015 at 07:07 PM.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

You really have to deal with some British preppers for a while before you can appreciate that skit.

Anyway, I cranked up the Jeep and went to lunch. Nothing screams survival like fried shrimp, steak tips and hot coffee.

The other guys were complaining about having to shovel snow, but being a rural dweller I present the concept that if you wait a few days it will melt and as long as the Jeep will plow through it why would I want to shovel the stuff?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

That's why I drive a 4 wheel drive as well......have to plow and shovel because of the city rules....

I drive over top of the snow.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?