Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something that bothers me

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    Yeah, maybe early in the morning before the neighbors wake up. Don't want them to get the wrong idea.....
    Haha! May create opportunity to pass on the knowledge of flag etiquette!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Ever since I became scout maser, people would give me worn out flags. The scouts enjoy it, and I try and make a small, memorable ceremony out of it.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

There is a scene in a movie staring and directed by clint eastwood called Gran Torino eastwood plays a crusty old korean war vet . who in a beautiful scene where he sees a school janitor a immigrant from el salvador i believe. he quietly and carefully shows the man how to properly raise and lower the flag as well as the history of that cerimony. the movie two thumbs up for sure.

People at the House keep telling me that's one of Eastwood's best movies. I saw it in the $5 bin at WalMart one time and said, "Next time I get some money...'

I bet you can fill in the blank.
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

In Malaysia, most ex servicemen would be the same even though we have a few people who would desecrate the flag due to political reasons.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!