Thread: Wow a little snow and .......

Default Wow a little snow and .......

Schools closed early, lots of stores are closed as well !! Granted we are not used to snow and not equipped for it ( county and city ) . whats even more funny is this.....
    Posts on Facebook ,,,,
    "We are in desperate need of toilet paper, you think I could make it to Walmart?"

" Im out of milk , and bread anyone bring me some"

" I read the news reports but didn't think it was as bad as they said, now im stuck in a ditch anyone want to pull me out"

" Damn I left my heavy coat and boots at home and I broke down "

" Have a flat with no spare , almost out of gas can someone rescue me"

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE !!!! I just don't get how people can be this ignorant to common sense things !!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

We actually got snow yesterday....for about an hour. Then it melted. At least anything above 7000 ft got the stay in place stuff.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

You would think Murphy's Law would thin out some of them.....but along came 911.....Oh, well.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I told her we are out of propane!
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

LOL, I'm from the South where a a slight dusting of snow will shut down whole towns. Here in Denver, nothing stops, but something starts - shoveling. Hey, gives me a feeling of accomplishment when I look at these foot high banks of snow on both sides of our walkway. Thought that was one thing I'd never see in my life. Well, curve balls and all that.....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

we got 4in of snow other day not even worth warming the tractor up to plow snow lol.as for
    bieing prepared, our vehicles look like were bugging out.wool blankets,food,snacks,water
    propane ,stove,tow chains,thermals,coveralls,plus edc bags,snow shoes and then some.
    and if it,s real bad we just hole up why chance fate.been home most of this winter really no need
    to venture out cause we put by.

We got 4" as well......My self repair snow blower started first pull, and I was well into having the back cleared off when the neighbor showed up with his giant John Deer.....(he has adopted me, I guess) and finished the rest.

DD sent me this....from her work south of Shreveport, La.......
    She was one of a few that showed up.....LOL
    Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I actually had to pic up a shovel and clear the walk way first time in 35 years I had to do that!!! and i remember just how much i hate it too!!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

What is this "shovel" of which we speak? I have a Troy Built "shovel" that drives itself and clears walks, driveways and such. Alas, I still have to walk behind it. More white stuff on the way tonight and tomorrow.

I would so seriously buy one of these so I could clear the driveway from the comfort of my couch.

If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I would so seriously buy one of these so I could clear the driveway from the comfort of my couch.

I need to get me one of these!!!!!!!
    LOL
    Thanks for posting.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    What is this "shovel" of which we speak? I have a Troy Built "shovel" that drives itself and clears walks, driveways and such. Alas, I still have to walk behind it. More white stuff on the way tonight and tomorrow.

Same system headed for me too!

3 inches on top of what is already here.

I was watching TWC the other day and they were reporting that 1" had brought traffic in DFW/Texas to a standstill with people pulling over and abandoning their vehicles!

I was navigating through almost a foot today just to check out the condition of the shooting range.

My son e-mailed me that there was a bicycle mass collision on his road down in TN, due to ice. Seems they decided not to call off a bicycle race even though they have ice everywhere. He said it was the first time he had ever seen that much neon spandex in one pile before and it was a terrifying experience.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    My son e-mailed me that there was a bicycle mass collision on his road down in TN, due to ice. Seems they decided not to call off a bicycle race even though they have ice everywhere. He said it was the first time he had ever seen that much neon spandex in one pile before and it was a terrifying experience.
    LOL....Kinky....
    But that gotta be the dumbest thing I ever heard of...........

1. That is about the mostest awesomest thing I've ever seen. It's definitely on the list below a couple dozen guns and some other junk I want...I mean...need.

2. The government has passed an awful lot of unnecessary laws. You'd think they could pass at least one that regulates the wearing of spandex. Let's face it. Some folks are not meant to wear it. If you look at a woman wearing spandex from behind and your first thought is Mylanta. Chances are she should not be wearing spandex. If you look at a man wearing spandex from behind and your first thought is, "What the he## am I looking at a man's behind for?" chances are you're okay.

....Hummmm, Back at Walmart......I see....