Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something I came up with for a EDC vehicle kit

Default Something I came up with for a EDC vehicle kit

We all see the paracord Bracelets with the compass fire starters and such woven into them well i figured Hey why not do something like that with a useful item that could be left in a vehicle but deployed in an emergency so I made this ........

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

And what i wrapped inside it .......

And how I attached it........

Iphone charging cord
    Approx 25 feet paracord
    a small fire starter
    hacksaw blade
    3 matches and striker
    2 fish hook
    2 small split shot
    25ft 6lb fishing line
    2 feet of dental floss
    sewing needle
    3 ft steel cord
    Last edited by welderguy; 02-24-2015 at 03:54 AM.
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Quote Originally Posted by welderguy View Post
    We all see the paracord Bracelets with the compass fire starters and such woven into them well i figured Hey why not do something like that with a useful item that could be left in a vehicle but deployed in an emergency so I made this ........

And what i wrapped inside it .......

And how I attached it........

Iphone charging cord
    Approx 25 feet paracord
    a small fire starter
    hacksaw blade
    3 matches and striker
    2 fish hook
    2 small split shot
    25ft 6lb fishing line
    2 feet of dental floss
    sewing needle
    3 ft steel cord
    Cant see pic's. in your post, but does show up in the quote.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

That is cool, thanks for sharing!
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Arrrgh. That's twice I've fixed them.

it does that to me a lot hunter!! Says please register to see pictures!!
    I Wonder Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink what ever comes out?"

Yeah I guess your 5053 post don't matter.....LOL

I would not have thought of a USB charger cord....but times are a-changing......

Seeing the sewing needle reminds me or my SAK.

Several years ago, I had inserted one into the tweezers hole with a piece of thread on it....Idea being to be able to center it and pull out when needed......then the thread kinda worn/rotted off....and haven't seen it since.....LOL...It's still in there under the scales.....

I do carry a small sewing kit, think I got it from Hilton Hotel a long time ago....and is one thing I have used a lot for patching turkey vest fanny packs, even big packs, and pants.......zippers (stop the break) and buttons, etc.

I learned over time a needle is a valuable little tool, I have stopped using sewing thread and either use floss or fishing line for field repairs, until I can do it right at home after the trip out. not to mention as a splinter remover or emergency compass.

In my primitive gear.....and large leather needle and imitation sinew ar in the crow of my hat....and in a pouch on the bask of the possible's bag strap.

I suppose I should add some brown or green thread, or dental floss (do carry some)......some how a pink repair on the barbed wire fence tear may not look "cameo" enough.

Do like that inclusion of the needle on the cord gear though.....

I love needles. If I could only thread them. It's darn near impossible to hold a magnifying lens and thread a needle with both hands. That, of course, is in addition to my glasses. Duct tape is much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I love needles. If I could only thread them. It's darn near impossible to hold a magnifying lens and thread a needle with both hands. That, of course, is in addition to my glasses. Duct tape is much easier.
    Close your eyes weedhopper and become one with the needle.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero a FWD. I just got a samll pack and packed all my EDC/Survival kit and dumped it into a plastic container at the back. I also 25 liters of water in a jerrycan.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Pajero a FWD. I just got a samll pack and packed all my EDC/Survival kit and dumped it into a plastic container at the back. I also 25 liters of water in a jerrycan.
    this is just a little extra something that will always stay in the vehicle or go with me if im riding in someone else's. kind of the redundant factor just extra basic essentials in a useful holder

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    Close your eyes weedhopper and become one with the needle.

Well, now ain't that special........neat trick?

Cool thought. With vehicles, I just use bags or small pouches at a minimum. With all the compartments in a vehicle plus rear cargo space, I really don't see the need to make a cord of some sort.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    Cool thought. With vehicles, I just use bags or small pouches at a minimum. With all the compartments in a vehicle plus rear cargo space, I really don't see the need to make a cord of some sort.
    You have no cell phone? what about if you ride a motorcycle ? its extra gear for extra protection, I have several bags in my vehicle, but i also have 2 emergency cell phone chargers and this cord is an add on to the comms kit .

Holey crap a moley. That finger looks really painful.

I don't ride motorcycles. Only two kinds of riders, those that have gone down and those that are going to go down. I knew a guy that had no nipples (true story) from road rash. They are probably laying on the road somewhere.

That said, my stuff goes into bags in the vehicles. But you still did a good job.

no nipples? How could that ... wouldnt that of.... and OH never mind!!!!!

Some other methods for storing things in your vehicle,old army footlocker,ammo boxes,any tool box with the top tray removed,tackle boxes and just about anything else you could think of.I do like that idea the OP posted though.

LOL...My vehicle is my EDC My redhead gets such a kick out of me having to unload anytime I have to take it to the shop. She claims it takes two days and 20 foot Conex box for me to really unload my pickup truck.

Quote Originally Posted by DSJohnson View Post
    LOL...My vehicle is my EDC My redhead gets such a kick out of me having to unload anytime I have to take it to the shop. She claims it takes two days and 20 foot Conex box for me to really unload my pickup truck.
    LOL....I STILL have a pile of stuff I took out of the 1987 Ford, when I got the 1999....that never went back in......Hummmmm.