Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Naked and Afraid Casting Again

Default Naked and Afraid Casting Again

Go forth and be famous (and naked).

Hello!

My name is Dan Tino and I am an LA-based casting director with Metal Flowers Media. The reason I\'m contacting you is because we\'re continuing our third annual nationwide search for seasoned outdoorsmen and outdoors-women with well-honed survival skills to take part in Season 3 of Discovery\'s NAKED AND AFRAID, the revolutionary docu-reality series where survival is taken down to its purest form.
    If you are not familiar with the show, here\'s a link to learn more about it:

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/na...t-the-show.htm

Feel free to forward this email to any of your guides/members/friends/family/colleagues that may be good candidates and would welcome this challenging opportunity. Those interested may contact me directly with their names, ages, occupations, and a little bit about themselves. Also, feel free to contact me directly with any questions or concerns.

Please let me know if you are interested in this exciting adventure and I hope to hear from you soon!

Thank you so much.

Best,

--
    Dan Tino
    Casting Director
    Metal Flowers Media, LLC
    Stop and smell the reality.
    ---------------------------------------
    Web// www.metalflowersmedia.com
    Mobile// 323.391.3078
    Office// 323.380.6925
    FB// facebook.com/metalflowersmedia
    Twitter// @metalflowers

......now where are the RATTW guys and gals...Here is your chance.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Banned

Default cringe worthy?

A highly entertaining show for sure but many of us could parse this phrase in SOOO many ways…

"revolutionary docu-reality series where survival is taken down to its purest form."

Wasn't that Naked "Castaway" show with former British Army Captain Ed Stafford filmed before this one or am I wrong about that. Granted most men do not find his bum to be as entertaining to watch grass skirt or not. LOL

I spent my summers as a child with indigenous people who were mostly naked and I did not find that aspect particularly entertaining, contestants should figure out how to cover those giblets up, please! or they may get injured. Hello!!! Is anyone home?!!! Is this forbidden by the producers? Tick in pee hole bad!, ripped scrotum bad! Sunburned mammarys bad! Avoid these sorta things!

Now that Remote Survivor show on Nat Geo makes a little more sense, people wash out there due mostly to their psychological defects. On "Naked and Afraid" it sometimes becomes a boring watch the "hunger strike" these folks don't know squat.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 02-19-2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: more of my Blah Blah not amused

I think I'll email them for the giggles...

"Extremely handsome 50 year old Southern gentleman..."

Well, on second thought, maybe not...
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I have watched some of them. Not impressed but I have not seen all of them.

Still I have to ask,

During the "meet up" in the woods at the first of the show.

Has anyone ever pointed and laughed?
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

Default Some adults are silly

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    During the "meet up" in the woods at the first of the show.

Has anyone ever pointed and laughed?
    As I recall there was at least one guy who danced around a bit at the initial "meet up" and joked about himself. Also some jokes about shrinkage in cold weather. That is to be expected. Most people get over that fairly quickly.

In primitive cultures where I have lived people tend to sit and stand modestly and not stare or make rude or silly comments. Personally when on rare occasions a young lady would wear a bra or T-shirt I thought she looked far more sexy than when she was her usual, totally topless, a few beads around her arm and/or neck. Mammary glands have nothing to do with the act of reproduction only keeping babies alive after that act. Only a really immature or highly repressed person gets all goofy about this sorta thing.

MrFixIt I think they mostly want a Video of yourself showing your skills and how well you come off on video to viewers etc.
    A friend of mine said he had sent in an audition video and showed me his Kukri Machete which was a good one (you also mail them your one survival item) if selected. I jokingly suggested that he hide a ferro rod in the handle and glue the cut out so it would not be discovered. I.e. blade and fire-starter all in one item. I'm fairly sure they would find it and take one or the other away from you. dang it!
    Last edited by TXyakr; 02-19-2015 at 06:41 PM. Reason: how to cheat

I actually applied for the second season of "Survivor" (where they play the games and get voted out by the tribal council), and never got a response.
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Quote Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
    I actually applied for the second season of "Survivor" (where they play the games and get voted out by the tribal council), and never got a response.
    Still send in every year as the "Token Geezer" to get voted out first, then hang out at the hotel for 38 more days with the hotties.....

Banned

Default Survival Show Strategy? How to get on one?

That's a very good strategy hunter63 and MrFixIt, I like it!

My wife is afraid I would somehow make it on one of those shows and stay out there only to contract some life debilitating disease which would leave me a brain dead vegetable for the remainder of my life. She worries a lot. LOL CPA's get paid to think up bad stuff that can happen and look for it. ha ha ha.

Contestants on a show like CBS Survivor would vote me off immediately because I am annoying. A partner on Naked and Afraid would just quit for the same reason. LOL

Then the staff at the hotels would continually send me to another for the same reason, ha ha ha

So I do wonder why my Wife does not just increase the life insurance and encourage me to go on one of those "survival" shows. hummm?

[QUOTE=TXyakr;454968]That's a very good strategy hunter63 and MrFixIt, I like it!

My wife is afraid I would somehow make it on one of those shows and stay out there only to contract some life debilitating disease which would leave me a brain dead vegetable for the remainder of my life. She worries a lot. LOL CPA's get paid to think up bad stuff that can happen and look for it. ha ha ha.

Contestants on a show like CBS Survivor would vote me off immediately because I am annoying. A partner on Naked and Afraid would just quit for the same reason. LOL

Then the staff at the hotels would continually send me to another for the same reason, ha ha ha

So I do wonder why my Wife does not just increase the life insurance and encourage me to go on one of those "survival" shows. hummm?[/QUOTE]

Beat me to it..........in red.

Our company keeps getting emails from the Naked & Afraid show. Never watched it, or any other modern reality 'survival' (NOT) show, so I have no idea why they bother. As if young people want to see middle aged dudes dangly bits splashed on TV, even if we may know a thing or two about real survival!!

I wish the serious producers would contact us instead of the 'reality' entertainment types.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Our company keeps getting emails from the Naked & Afraid show. Never watched it, or any other modern reality 'survival' (NOT) show, so I have no idea why they bother. As if young people want to see middle aged dudes dangly bits splashed on TV, even if we may know a thing or two about real survival!!

I wish the serious producers would contact us instead of the 'reality' entertainment types.
    Since that is your craft, livelihood and apparently your passion why don't you develop your own show and pitch it to a network?
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

...or simply block their emails as spam.

It's not 'spam' Rick, I'm just saying they seem to post out their general correspondance all over the globe, looking for people willing to get their gear off, in the name of entertainment. It's more amusing to me, as opposed to considering it useless spam.

Crashdive: We live in Aus mate. The networks (like everything) here are 20 years behind the rest of the world, and couldn't come up with an original concept, if their lives depended on it. They just copy known concepts that have worked abroad allready. Plus no-one would watch it, beause most of the TV watching populace down this way are as thick as 2 planks, and just want to watch Oprah style crap or stupid cop shows.

My wife would kill me if I got on that show. She puts up with enough as it is.

And I can see my Mother-in-Law's stare down before I even think it.

......I would just be afraid of the laughing part........

I still say, Don't talk about how good you are.......Put it out there, naked....if you dare....

No other show even comes close to a survival situation.......Surviving isn't fun or pretty.

People just like to watch and pick apart the "Gear reviews" that we are used to...."Oh lookie here an $350 buck knife the Bear or Les uses....If I buy one, I can be a survivor just like him".

That the sleep naked challenge.... on your bed all night with out covers......Then try your porch......

Still waiting for some guy to stand there scratching bug bites....saying, "Well, at least we don't have to carry an Altoids tin....."

Yeah, right. I know exactly how the casting call would go.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

But I'm not even naked yet.................

I'm told...... women wants a man....
    Funny, intelligent, strong, good looking, and sensitive.....

Men want women.....
    To come naked and bring beer.

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    It's not 'spam' Rick, I'm just saying they seem to post out their general correspondance all over the globe, looking for people willing to get their gear off, in the name of entertainment. It's more amusing to me, as opposed to considering it useless spam.

Crashdive: We live in Aus mate. The networks (like everything) here are 20 years behind the rest of the world, and couldn't come up with an original concept, if their lives depended on it. They just copy known concepts that have worked abroad allready. Plus no-one would watch it, beause most of the TV watching populace down this way are as thick as 2 planks, and just want to watch Oprah style crap or stupid cop shows.
    You could be the trend setter.

Keep in mind that many of these shows have "found" their talent through Youtube. This isn't an evaluation of anybody's skills or the worth of the shows they were on, but Dave Canterbury was a minor youtube sensation and got picked up for Dual Survival. Now he is a major Youtube sensation and his survival classes (and everything related) are doing well.

We had a member here that had quite a Youtube channel. I had camped with him a few times and he was exactly as he portrayed himself in his vids. He got picked up for Hillbilly Blood.

There are ways to get "out there" - you just have to want to bad enough.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

The wife and I watch this show on occasion. Funny, but until now I guess I never actually thought about HOW they get their participants. Email......... I should have guessed. LOL