Thread: From Oregon

Default From Oregon

Howdy,

Bye Golly, it is wet up here in the North Woods! We are going to get some sunshine any month now.

My name is John Rykken. I was born here in Portland about 51 years ago. Nice to meet you all.

During my time as a US Army soldier in then West Germany, I was able to see first hand the results of the totalitarian regime in the Soviet Union, as we were able to look across the wall between the two German States. It got my young mind thinking about politics and the rest of life in general. I kind of woke up to certain realities, like that Governments can and do make life quite miserable for the people they should be protecting. I saw with my eyes the men in the Guard towers who had no freedom of movement or thought. I do not want this to happen here.

Anyway, I just want to be able to communicate with you all about how to live and think in these hard times we are coming into. I have spent a little time in the "great outside", but am not a hardcore outdoor dude. I did spend a week with Greg Davenport and Simply Survival in Washington State. An excellent time was had by all.

So then, God bless you all, and thanks for having me .

John Rykken

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Banned

Welcome John, glad to have you here.

welcome aboard John
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Nice to see you here, was down to Portlad for a trip a little while ago.

Welcome home.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

I sure hope ya'll get some sunny weather soon. My wife is headed for that neck of the woods in the next week or two (coastal area).

Welcome.
    "The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done."

Hello and welcome.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Welcome to the forum!
    "The ability for a person to prevail in a survival situation is based on three factors: survival knowledge, equipment, and will to survive. All are important, but the most important is the will to survive." -Greg Davenport