Thread: chaga tincture

Default chaga tincture

made up some chaga tincture. Too a mason jar and filled it 2/3rds full of ground chaga, then topped it off with vodka. I give it a shake dailey for 6 weeks or so then it'll be done. Some claim that it takes a alcohol extraction to get the full benefit from chaga. I don't know but I'll figured to give it a try.

here's the start

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I found it interesting that that 5,000 year old frozen man they found a while back had a couple pieces of changa in his pouch.
    I've been reading some about birch bark lately and came upon this.
    http://www.megachaga.com/documents/b...layarticle.pdf

To get the full medicinal benefits you might want to do a dual extraction. Do an alcohol extraction like you are doing and a water extraction (decoction). Combine the two for the finished product. Alcohol extracts some of the medicinals but not all. By using a water extract as well, you can maximize the medicinal properties available.

can you tell me more about the water extraction? I usually make tea in a crock pot on simmer.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

There is a guy we see pretty regular at a farmers market that has "chaga tea".

I'm still trying to get some to catch a spark......and just find some "true chaga" for that matter.

Now spiking it with vodka....can't be all bad ...Right?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

He's using the Russian recipe. You soak it in vodka, toss the chaga and drink the liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    can you tell me more about the water extraction? I usually make tea in a crock pot on simmer.
    Rather than me try to explain it, perhaps it would be better if I just give you a web site where it is explained better than I could. BTW I am in no way connected to this site or the owner, just liked the info.
    https://theshakingleaf.wordpress.com...haga-tincture/
    I don't wait a day between each time of adding water but just add the water directly and keep it going in one continuous segment until done.