Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Storm Juno

Awwww, man, this is screwing up the "Prospectors" show.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Looks like Ken is getting some rain to make that snow he has all nice and heavy.
    Hoping to stay in the 6-12 snow-only band here... Monday looks like a write-off.
    Can't afford these no-work days.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Snow and blowing a bit north of Chicago.......got about 4'' and still going.....pretty windy as well.....we will see.

One of the very nice things about being on permanent vacation is the ability to roll over and go back to sleep when weather is bad.....or mediocre....or good for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    One of the very nice things about being on permanent vacation is the ability to roll over and go back to sleep when weather is bad.....or mediocre....or good for that matter.
    Yeah, but I feel bad, sorta, when the neighbor comes over and starts blowing the snow....Make me feel like I should at least get him a cup of coffee......LOL

Just came in from doing some of my blowing and have to tell ya I'm beat.....we kinda split it up.
    That guy has the biggest snow blower I ever saw.....and love to blow......

The storm is supposed to be called Linus.....so I guess we need a new thread.
    Cleaned up a little over 6" with a lot of drifts.....and supposed to keep going till midnight.

I'm thinking an hour of blowing and shoveling will double for my therapy tomorrow.

You could always leave an envelope in the mailbox with some money for Starbucks. Hey! I'm all for being polite.

Another 18 to 24 forecast here (WTF it was 6 to 12 last night!!!).
    Already 6" more inches on the ground overnight.
    How 'bout them Pats?
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…

I was rooting for the Pats.......Seahawks went to the magic well one too many times.......

Just came in...cleaned out driveway and sidewalks again....about 12" they say, but drifts were 4 ft tall.
    I real glad the neighbor love to blow snow.....doesn't take long with two machines running.

News guy are saying 26" total over the week end.....
    Last edited by hunter63; 02-02-2015 at 02:18 PM. Reason: added stuff

NEPTUNE now....
    Saying another 12 inches possible.
    That -7 deg. this morning was an eye opener.

But, if your butt is still buried since the last couple of storms......is it a new storm?

Guy in Boston last night said his car has not moved in 3 weeks.

Just gonna be really, really cold tonight and the rest of the week.

I don't live anywhere near Bawston.
    Went to work during every storm except that first 2 ft. blizzard.
    Sucks when the storms are on Monday. At least this one will be finished tomorrow at noon.
    So there's time to clean up.

LOL, LLT.
    I went outside without my hoodie under my barn coat this morning. Dang, that was, as you say, eye-opening. Had to do the grocery store at 7am to avoid the mad shoppers. Tried to go on Friday night on the way home as usual but couldn't find a parking spot. Seriously. People were driving up and down the rows and looked like a couple fights were going to break out. So I left.

Only people in the store this morning were a couple other guys looking rather glum.

I haven't looked outside recently. Hoping for less than a foot, mostly cuz I was unable to get all the first storm off my back roof. Got most of it. But it's been so cold nothing is melting enough to slide off. Removed the really impressive ice dam out there last Wednesday. It's slowly reforming.

It's here today coming in from the eastern seaboard. I need to shovel some snow off my roof today if I can find my ladder.

Blowing and drifting this morning.
    I'd take a picture but it's nothing but white anyways.

Wow, almost a fight over bread,milk and eggs?
    Watched a youtube about cold weather survival. Maybe I should watch some about grocery store survival.lol

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

It is 1 degree F and wind is steady at 20 mph with a wind chill of -21 degrees F and we got about 2.2 inches of snow last night.

This area tonight.

* WINDS... NORTHWEST 20 TO 30 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH.
    * VISIBILITIES... ONE HALF MILE OR LESS AT TIMES.
    * WIND CHILL READINGS... AS LOW AS 29 BELOW LATE TONIGHT INTO MONDAY MORNING
    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
    A WINTER STORM WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN AN AVERAGE OF 6 OR MORE INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED IN A 12 HOUR PERIOD... OR FOR 8 OR MORE INCHES IN A 24 HOUR PERIOD. TRAVEL WILL BE SLOW AT BEST ON WELL TREATED SURFACES... AND QUITE DIFFICULT ON ANY UNPLOWED OR UNTREATED SURFACES.
    A WIND CHILL WARNING IS ISSUED WHEN THE WIND CHILL INDEX IS LIKELY TO FALL TO -25 DEGREES OR COLDER FOR AT LEAST 3 HOURS. A WIND CHILL INDEX BELOW -30 CAN BRING ABOUT FROSTBITE IN AS LITTLE AS 10 MINUTES. OUTDOOR EXPOSURE SHOULD BE LIMITED. IF YOU ARE HEADING OUTDOORS... DRESS IN LAYERS AND KEEP YOUR HANDS AND HEAD COVERED TO PROTECT AGAINST FROSTBITE

Good weather to curl up with a good book....or a good blond......

Y'all stay safe.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel