Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Storm Juno

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Default Storm Juno

I have been watching the weather channel off and on all day and I sure hope you folks up in the northeast are buttoned down and well supplied.

2"-4" snow per hour predicted for 12 solid hours with winds up to 30mph.

Good luck with that!
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Yeah, it's going to get crazy here for the next few days.
    I have a wood stove with plenty of wood. A couple small generators and a 4x4 truck.
    The stores were nuts today. It's not hard to see how a shtf scenario would be like.
    My area in Worc. county is in a blizzard warning and expected to get high winds and maybe 2 ft. of snow.
    I'm prepared.

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

I guess I am as ready as I can be for tomorrow's snow which by Tuesday is supposed to turn into a blizzard that is according to weather reports on the TV. Generators are ready with enough gasoline just in case of power outage, enough food is on hand as well as stored water for drinking. We?ll see what happens tomorrow, it may not be as bad as they are predicting, or it may be worse. nobody can predict what Mother Nature can do. My 4X4 truck is ready for whatever but I'm not planning on going anywhere, also my got plenty of propane for my fireplace if needed.

I like a good stout blizzard or a frog strangling rain.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Most has already passed us....little dusting.....that's it.
    Y'all keep your head down and stay warm.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Just saying howdy too. Stay warm.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

I think we will be getting lucky here in NE PA, the prediction from the weatherman according to some computer program from all different places is telling them that we will be getting from 5-8 inches of snow throughout the storm, well, I have seen some hellish drifting before from less accumulation than that on the roads, for areas east of us they are predicting 8-13 inches of snow. The temperature is 17 degrees and falling, so we are getting some fine, fluffy snow now and supposed to be like this all day today; the fun begins tomorrow with when the winds and more snow comes. Like to hear from the guys and gals north of me in the New England States and see how they are holding up.

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post
    I have been watching the weather channel off and on all day and I sure hope you folks up in the northeast are buttoned down and well supplied.

2"-4" snow per hour predicted for 12 solid hours with winds up to 30mph.

Good luck with that!
    Sorry to hear that, hope everyone is stocked up !

On a side note, I like your signature line about the golf course. I think it would be neat to have a skeet range 90 degrees to a driving range !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    Sorry to hear that, hope everyone is stocked up !

On a side note, I like your signature line about the golf course. I think it would be neat to have a skeet range 90 degrees to a driving range !
    It is called "Extreme Cross training golf."...Team sport......
    Teams are allow a shot at opponents (golf) ball off the T at 5 randomly chosen holes.

There's also the cart shoot. You have to be careful with this one. The last thing you want to do is shoot the cart with the girl and the beer. That will get you run off the course pronto like.

So.....whose bright idea ws it to name snow storms?
    Juno?....Come on y'all can do better than that....
    So if ya say "Juno" is that like 'BOO"?

This is supposed to quantify a fear?...."If we can name it we are no longer afraid"?

How about "BIG AZZ Storm #3 this year".....or "Holy ship" y'all believe this one?....number 1?

Just send Jim Cantore to battle ISIS...........Why waste a good storm?

I realized this year...at some point...that we've started naming storms. I'm glad someone finally decided to do that. I can't seem to remember any previous storm simply because they didn't have names. It only took mankind 50,000 years or so to invent storm names. Now I just need to learn how to pronounce them. Bill or Sue would have been much simpler. Oh, well, perhaps in another 50,000 years.

I'm in the 18-24" snow belt. Or was last I checked.
    So not looking forward to this. Mostly cuz I hate removing the stuff from the driveway.
    Sitting by the wood stove with a good book is fine by me.
    Work was cancelled except for the guys close enough to walk. They're supposed to come in to help shovel the roof. That's one good thing about living 50 miles away.
    Last edited by LowKey; 01-26-2015 at 10:08 PM.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Glad to hear all are prepared and doing well so far. I hope no damages come to you all from this. Be Safe!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Well, we're officially buried.
    It's still coming down sideways and only 15 deg. without wind chill.
    I'm just watching the news and hanging out by my wood stove.
    All stocked up and doing well. I'll be out snow blowing later this afternoon.
    My truck is in a 4ft. drift.

NE PA got lucky, I just measured five and a half inch on my deck, it is cold, 22 degrees and 13 mph winds gusting to 16 mph and a wind chill of 10 degrees. it looks like we may get a little more snow today, but Thursday and Friday are good chances that we get more snow for sure. Everyone north of me in the New England States keep safe and work and out of harm’s way for you are getting the brunt of the storm.

It's Winter. It snows in Winter in most of the country. The world ain't coming to the end.

As usual, the hysterical, sensationalistic, pap dispensing propaganda meisters strike yet again. So called meteorologists with their computer models love to be on teeeveee with stern faces predicting the unimaginable horror that is coming in the shape of some snowflakes.

Everyone wants to be in show biz.

S.M.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to gain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790),U.S. statesman, scientist, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Our local guy we have named "Mayhem John Malan".......The bigger the grin, the bigger the storm...Whee, whee...lookie, lookie.....

http://www.jrn.com/tmj4/about/people...121250474.html

We got about an inch........sun is out and is melting.......
    Hope y'all out east are OK.

Crow about it all you want but that stuff is important. So many don't know how to drive on snow. When one slides it's like birds of a feather. Everyone is all over the road. I want to know when it's safe to get out of the coop!

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Pic didn't show up.....Guests must blah, blah