Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new blog: "Pop Quiz"!

Blog Entries

Unhappy Aw man!

I'm really disapointed in the "New Wolves"! I thought for sure more of you would take up the gauntlet of challenge and read the older posts to come up with the answers. Ok cubs, here's the answers:

Tb Bucs & got #1 correct. I've added "three of anything; fires, gunshots, whistle blasts, etc. are the international signal for mayday.

Tb Bucs & Sgt Doom both got #2 correct.

#3: NEVER!!!!

#4: C. 2 to 4 quarts. (Minn.)

#5: This is based on what you know, so that's up to you.

#6: Every good Survival kit needs to have items that fit in the following categories:
    a.) Fire & Light. b.) Signaling. c.) Water & Food. d.) Shelter &
    Protection. e.) Knives & Tools. f.) Medical. g.) Multi-Purpose. &
    h.) Miscellaneous.
    My next thread will be to list items that will fit every category so get ready!

#7: Yep! Your brain!!! See my loooonnnggg post above!

#8: Every Newby likes to brag about these items so I made a place for them.

Ready for the next thread?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

OK Sarge - couldn't resist for #8 -
    Wilderness Survival Forums, Rambo Ultra Deluxe Super Slayer with Laser Sights, Gilligan’s Island
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Talking Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    OK Sarge - couldn't resist for #8 -
    Wilderness Survival Forums, Rambo Ultra Deluxe Super Slayer with Laser Sights, Gilligan’s Island
    Oh man! Crash you dog you! You've been holdin' out on us; where can I get one of those Rambo jobs your talkin' about?
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

Sarge I will disagree with you on the answer to number 4 it should be E none of the above here is why.

The question is:

4.) The human body requires a minimum of ___________water per day.
    a.) 1 to 2 pints.
    b.) 1 to 2 quarts.
    c.) 2 to 4 quarts
    d.) 2 to 4 gallons
    e.) None of the above.

The amount varies widely on physical condition, weight, demographics of where the individual was raised, last meal, total health and the environment they are currently in. 2-4 Quarts may be good for the average person but who is average and that's not what the question asked. The question asked what is minimum requirement of the human body. If the answer to number one is you "can go three days with out food or water" then u have also answered numbered 4 logically because the minimum requirement just became zero.

Besides you misspelled minimum in the question so it should be completely thrown out.
    Free your mind go insane.

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you mentioned it...

Quote Originally Posted by SGTD00m View Post
    Sarge I will disagree with you on the answer to number 4 it should be E none of the above here is why.

The question is:

4.) The human body requires a minimum of ___________water per day.
    a.) 1 to 2 pints.
    b.) 1 to 2 quarts.
    c.) 2 to 4 quarts
    d.) 2 to 4 gallons
    e.) None of the above.

The amount varies widely on physical condition, weight, demographics of where the individual was raised, last meal, total health and the environment they are currently in. 2-4 Quarts may be good for the average person but who is average and that's not what the question asked. The question asked what is minimum requirement of the human body. If the answer to number one is you "can go three days with out food or water" then u have also answered numbered 4 logically because the minimum requirement just became zero.

Besides you misspelled minimum in the question so it should be completely thrown out.
    Your answer: "3 days without FOOD & water" is incorrect. The human body can go 3 WEEKS without food; not "3 DAYS". Also, 2 quarts is minnimum and forgive the misspelling. Thank you.
    SARGE
    Albert Einstein

Benjamin Franklin

SgtDoom - I think you mixed apples and oranges a bit. 3 Days without water is a survival scenario but to stay healthy you need 2-4 as Sarge stated.

You can toss in any variables you care to but that isn't the intent of the quiz. You probably won't last 3 days in Death Valley without water for example and you may well need a lot more than the 2-4 to stay healthy there.
    Tracks Across the High Plains...Death on the Bombay Line...A Touch of Death and Mayhem...Dead Rock...The Griswald Mine Boys...All On Amazon Books.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    SgtDoom - I think you mixed apples and oranges a bit.

Well if he has apples and oranges then he doesn't need as much water, silly.
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"