Thread: Clinicals in the "big" city

Default Clinicals in the "big" city

So, on the 12th, I will begin my clinicals to finish up my AAS degree as a Medical Lab Tech. I have been assigned to one of the Norton Hospitals in the big city of Louisville (yikes!) I have been to several hospitals downtown, but never been to any of them on the outer limits of the city.

So the boyfriend and I have made two runs down to the hospital using different directions as we went and as we came back, to familiarize myself to the area, and since there is some ungodly bridge and road construction going on over the Ohio river, I wanted to find the easiest and fastest routes outta there for normal everyday travel, but also in case of traffic or some type of emergency. The normal route out is also a snow emergency route so I guess that is good to know info as well.

Getting excited!
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

that's awesome! Congratulations

Congrats.........seeing the light at the end of the tunnel is a good thing......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Congrats and have fun!!!!
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Congratulations Nell. Good luck on the travel, my DW works for one of the Norton's Doctors office's downtown. She has it easier as she comes down from Georgetown area. If you try to use the second st bridge, remember that the Yum center is right next to it, and when a ball game or other thing is going on that area is a 'no go'. Traffic is terrible.
    If you enter I-65 via the entrance off of the old Walnut st, (can't spell the name) it's pretty good shot up 65.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Congrats and food luck, Nell! looks like 2015 is off to a good start for you!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Congrats. Don't forget the overnight bag. Ice on the bridge would be tough.

Senior Member Pennsylvania Mike's Avatar

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Williepete View Post
    Congratulations Nell. Good luck on the travel, my DW works for one of the Norton's Doctors office's downtown. She has it easier as she comes down from Georgetown area. If you try to use the second st bridge, remember that the Yum center is right next to it, and when a ball game or other thing is going on that area is a 'no go'. Traffic is terrible.
    If you enter I-65 via the entrance off of the old Walnut st, (can't spell the name) it's pretty good shot up 65.

Bill
    Bill, I will be coming down 65 from Henryville, and taking the warnock exit, as we determined it is the fastest/easiest way to get there (going to Audubon) with only 2 turns once I take that exit, is that one is compromised, then Arthur St, and then going all the way out to the Watterson if need be, but I have several ways mapped out now,just in case. RIck, I always have the overnight bag in the vehicle, I have learned a few tricks from you all over the past 8, (wow has it REALLY been that long) EIGHT years!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to the forum!!!!

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Nell, I was thinking you were talking about the Norton's downtown. I have been to Audubon several times as a patient and we really like that hospital. My one son in law was in the one downtown, and DW and I both noticed how dirty his ICU room was.

I think taking Eastern Parkway over to Popular Level Rd will be the easiest route for you. Big question through, is what time frame are you talking about?

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Williepete View Post
    Nell, I was thinking you were talking about the Norton's downtown. I have been to Audubon several times as a patient and we really like that hospital. My one son in law was in the one downtown, and DW and I both noticed how dirty his ICU room was.

I think taking Eastern Parkway over to Popular Level Rd will be the easiest route for you. Big question through, is what time frame are you talking about?

Bill
    Yep, Eastern PKWY to PLR is the route I will be taking, right now I only know that my first day I will report at 7 am, that is a good time for me,or even 6 am would get there well before the traffic nightmare kicks in.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Congrats Nell.
    I had a compass, but without a map, it's just a cool toy to show you where oceans and ice are.