Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you consider your Uniform?

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    Wow...didn't know that Rick is THAT dangerous.....hahahahahahahahaha.....
    Dangerous is not the proper term.

Terrifying is more appropriate.

That famous picture belongs in the category of weapons banned by the Hauge Convention and would not have been used by the Germans as a WMD in WW1.

The "hong picture" hanging inside the door of the newspaper would have probably stopped the Paris massacre. You can not shoot properly with incinerated retinas.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Banned

Jeans and T-shirt when I can get away with it. Shoes if I must. Women seem to be the most judgmental.

Many years ago I dated this young lady engineer who worked on HARM missles. She criticized me for wearing a button down blue shirt after a workday, I had been told this was a safe choice with all engineers she thought it was to formal. Year later I dated a lady who worked in financial office I wore similar she was in fairly formal black dress for dinner and a movie on casual workweek date. Told me I was too casual. I think they just didn't like me.

One PhD research scientist I worked with complained he ALWAYS got searched in great detail at airports. We told him that his hippie attire long blonde hair and beard might be red flags. A uniform of "I'm hiding something contraband".

Years ago electrostatic sensitive electronics in the lab made special shoes or conductive heel straps required but just going around barefoot was equally effective as long as there was no high voltage. I never minded all the hippie comments, loose bits of wire are uncomfortable.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 01-15-2015 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Barefoot at work

We wear our mandated uniform for work. Though I still don't like wearing it even up to now, I have no choice. At home, I choose the ones that makes me feel most comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    What about THONGS?????????
    Ahhh yes. Mandatory Aussie 'uniform' footwear come summertime.

All jokes aside, a pair of thongs is the best thing out, for summer camp attire when relaxing. All day in combat boots, makes for some awful foot problems over time (especially if wet all day from river crossings etc), if you don't air your feet out.

I don't wear combat boots. The boots I wear are breathable so my feet aren't wet at the end of the day. I don't cross rivers in my boots either. I refuse to walk all day in wet feet. I don't disagree with the use of thongs, I just try to take care of my feet and avoid the wet stuff whenever possible.

My avatar pretty much tells the story. Unless my wife dresses me for a family function.

I'm so traumatized by "that photo" that when Enigma said he wore thongs on his feet, it wasn't flip-flops I was envisioning...
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Hmmmm
    1974-78 Dungarees/utility's/Crackerjacks/Whites
    1978-2013 work uniform Nomex/FRC coveralls/hard hat/safety glasses/steel toed boots/hearing protection/cotton gloves/leather gloves/nitrile gloves
    Last year I quit working at the gasoline refinery that I had worked at for 35 years. Kind'a liberating. On my off time I have got to wear "station wear" when I was volunteering as an EMT and then later when I was volunteering as a fireman.
    Now I wear ripstop 511 pants and Wrangler cotton denim and drill shirts in the summer.
    For me tee shirts (skivys) are not ever "outer" wear and I have not worn a ball cap since I got out of the Navy. I seem to need shirts with pockets on them even if I do not use them. (They taught us never to carry anything in our shirt pockets in boot camp 40 years ago)

Lowkey, it's best to simply face your fears. You want I should post it for you?

I thought this was a child-friendly forum, Rick.
    Think of the children.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

I just bought a new pair of bib overalls today, came home and tried them on.

This is the new uniform! I am not taking these things off and may never put on another pair of slacks or jeans.

I am considering sleeping in them tonight.

No belt to cut you in half, pockets everywhere (some with zippers, others with buttons), straps to hold them up, a sling for your hammer (don't know if it will hold a 1911 yet), no wonder babies giggle when you put them in a fresh, clean one-zy.

I must admit that putting these overalls on gave me a strange urge to find my double barreled shotgun, start a run of sour mash, add a haul tank to the Cherokee and start a new blog about the tactical hillbilly.
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Lately I have been wearing sweats/Gym T, long sleeve shirt unbuttoned, slip-on's with Velcro, cameo baseball hat..... on days I go work out......and they are comfy.
    Didn't even get looked at weird, in the Jewelry store for Mom's Day......LOL

Old guys in worn bibs, feeed store hat generally own a quarter of the county and don't give a hoot what they wear....and are always called "Sir"
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Work: boots w/ hole in right toe from stepping on nail (Missed the foot thankfully), brown carhartt's, thermals, work shirt, belt.

Casual: Paint spattered too big for me loafers semi-chewed on by dog w/ no socks, brown carhartt's that I can't wear at work 'cuz they're all tore up, dirt or flour stained flannel shirt, suspenders or belt optional.

I will say that I do dress nice if I leave the house on an errand, because it's really embarrassing when you're dressed like a bum and one of your customers recognizes you and wants to chat. However, at home I'm gonna get dirty and get everything dirty, so I usually dress like a bum. Plus I hate throwing stuff away just because it's got a hole in it when I could just as easily patch it up.

What a fun thread to read through.

Default Bib Overalls

Any suggestions on particular brand of Bib Overalls for daily/comfortable wear? Thanks.
    Last edited by sjj; 05-09-2015 at 05:37 PM.

Oshkosh, b'Gosh......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by sjj View Post
    Any suggestions on particular brand of Bib Overalls for daily/comfortable wear? Thanks.
    I really like Cartharts and second Roundhouse

Thanks folks.
    Last edited by sjj; 05-16-2015 at 05:08 AM.

So's no underwear but that's a story for another time.