Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you consider your Uniform?

Default What do you consider your Uniform?

Came across this article about a Urban Uniform....got me thinking.

http://boingboing.net/2015/01/02/mak...Boing+Boing%29

Does anyone have a favorite way of dressing that might be considered a "Uniform"
    This may reflect your work...or profession....or just what you feel comfortable in.

I'm a jeans and blue denim shirt or flannel shirt.

I know several that wear bib overalls always.....or
    Jeans and "T" shirt.....
    Shorts and "T"
    Suit and tie....
    Work uniform.
    Cameo
    Fatigues

This article makes the point that we get to be known for what we choose to wear........

What do y'all think?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Blog Entries

Cool Well, since you asked...

When driving buses I wear the mandatory uniform that is provided for by the company. They are very strict about that. Right now I'm enjoying an unpaid 4 week vacation while the University is out for Christmas. I quit wearing blue jeans years ago and am now wearing pants with cargo pockets or military BDUs...
    SARGE
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Proud father of a US Marine....SEMPER FI!

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    Benjamin Franklin

I wear a uniform at work consisting of pleated front casual dress slacks and a knit polo shirt with company logo, but I hate wearing them ! When I'm off work, I like jeans and a T shirt, or cargo pants and a T shirt. Even wear just a T shirt in the winter but also wear a jacket outside. I'm not into dressing up at all, but then I am a dyed in the wool country boy !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

For work - jeans or cargo pants and company logo shirt. Rest of the time shorts and a t-shirt......unless its cold and then jeans or cargo pants. Supposed to be in the 80's this weekend before the big chill.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I wear cargo shorts and vented fishing style shirts with leather work boots about 90 percent of the time I am out of the house.

Jeans with the knees worn out, with drips of pvc cement and pipe dope here and there. Boots with the toes worn away. T shirt or pullover with the same pvc cement and dope. Most of the time I would be hard pressed to scrounge up enough nice clothes from my closet to go to church.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Carrhartt cargo pants and a company tee/polo/sweatshirt depending on season are pretty much the uniform at work. At home it's just more of the same though in summer it's shorts and some old shirt with the sleeves torn off. I can't stand suit and tie and will do just about anything to avoid having to wear one. Sure was glad when t-shirts under a sport coat became "cool."
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

I wear the same thing at work that I wear everyplace else:
    When it's warm light cotton cargo pants or carpenter pants and a cotton pocket-T.
    When it's cold I wear Dickies or Carrhartt duck cotton canvas carpenter pants a polypro t shirt, wool blend long sleeve henley shirt, 1/4 zip fleece and a hoodie.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

At work, I wear the mandatory uniform. Outside of work it is mostly boots for footwear, jeans or cargo pants, and t-shirts, flannel shirts, and hooded sweatshirts. Except for work and church, it is rare that you don't see me with a hat on.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

True story: I've long been a semi-casual slacks guy, but I had to start wearing levis again working in texas. I was informed in no uncertain terms that the slacks were just unprofessional.
    Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice - Grey's Law.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To see what's going on in my knife shop check out CanidArmory on Youtube or on Facebook.

If its khaki colored then they're cargo. Long pants or shorts. Blue jeans are always carpenter.

Always have a white t-shirt for an undershirt and then some other t-shirt for something over it.

Socks are no show ankle socks in warmer weather. Could be cotton or wool on any given day.

Shoes are low cut Merrills that are suitable for the street or trails.

Cold weather calls for a fleece hoody or wool blend jacket.

Church calls for suit and cheap dress shoes.
    Last edited by RangerXanatos; 01-03-2015 at 01:07 AM.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

At work its nomex coveralls. Around the house it's usually carhart bib overalls always at shirt

Do I really need to answer this?

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Outerwear, outerwear, outerwear.....unless?....NO!....Not all the time?.....Noooooooooo
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

You can answer all you want, as long as you don't post that picture.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Psssst. Stick with the scout uniform in your avatar.......much less unsettling.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Uh....a scout uniform. You'll notice I have more demerit badges than just about anyone. And....I carry two pace counters. One for walking forward and one for backwards.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

And in the backpack is a spare you-know-what and those wool onesies he talks about all the time.
    Wilderness Survival:
    Surviving a temporary situation where you're lost in the wilderness

Please don't get him started....you know how he can be.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel