Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Good $60 Knife

....yeah, there is something kinda cool about looking up at the stars through the smoke hole.......
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Just a quick update on the situation: I just found an old Schrade knife (one of the old USA made ones) that I think I'd like to use as a belt knife. Thanks for all the advice though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Does anybody own a RAT 3 or 5? Are there any good reviews?
    I have a RAT 3 and a RAT 7, love them both - very tough knives ! Wish they made a RAT 4 !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti
    Roadkill, its whats for supper !
    www.angelfire.com/electronic2/qrp

Lamewolf - Look at the ESEE 4P. There are several different models to choose from. Randal became ESEE so it's the same knife as Ontario was making. It 9 inches long. In between the RAT 3 and RAT 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Lamewolf - Look at the ESEE 4P. There are several different models to choose from. Randal became ESEE so it's the same knife as Ontario was making. It 9 inches long. In between the RAT 3 and RAT 5.
    Yeah, I know but the ESEE 4 is much more expensive than a RAT 4 would be ! I only paid $68 plus tax for my new RAT 7 ! One of these days I'll probable end up with an ESEE 4 though, I already have an ESEE Laserstrike.
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

It only costs a tad more to go first class.

I've got a RAT 5 and am very happy with it.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    I've got a RAT 5 and am very happy with it.
    Know what you mean crash, I've never seen a bad product from Ontario myself. And one of their products that is very useful in the outdoors is their Old Hickory butcher knives. Around $13, 1095 high carbon steel and full tang with hickory handle scales. I've got 2 of them, one I reground into a Kephart style blade and the other I left as a butcher knife. They are not real thick blades, but I have never broken one even under hard use. I've seen them used at fleamarkets for as little as a dollar !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    ....yeah, there is something kinda cool about looking up at the stars through the smoke hole.......
    TBH taking up tipi living with a indian gal really wasn't about the tipi LOL.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamewolf View Post
    Know what you mean crash, I've never seen a bad product from Ontario myself. And one of their products that is very useful in the outdoors is their Old Hickory butcher knives. Around $13, 1095 high carbon steel and full tang with hickory handle scales. I've got 2 of them, one I reground into a Kephart style blade and the other I left as a butcher knife. They are not real thick blades, but I have never broken one even under hard use. I've seen them used at fleamarkets for as little as a dollar !

I am a fan of Old Hickory Butcher Knives. Solid knives for the money! And you can flip food on the grill with it in a pinch.

I've been using a russell skinner cut down into a nesmuck of sorts. I prefer the old hickory type knives over bout anything else. Been thinking about a cold steel bushman.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by randyt View Post
    I've been using a russell skinner cut down into a nesmuck of sorts. I prefer the old hickory type knives over bout anything else. Been thinking about a cold steel bushman.
    I had a Cold Steel Bushman, and I think that's where Cold Steel got its name because that steel handle was colder than a well diggers butt in the winter ! Gave it to a friend, just didn't like it at all !
    Lamewolf
    Manu Forti