Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My first wheels, coming in Spring

Cool My first wheels, coming in Spring

That is if nothing major happens like it did last Winter. A lightly cosmetically altered Tomos LX pedal moped. I'll get made fun of by those who will say get a car. Well I can't a afford a monthly car and vehicle insurance payment at the same time.019.jpg

Looks spiffy. Bet it get great mileage. Dont listen to the critics, they are just jealous. Do not forget a helmet. "You ride you slide" eventually....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues. There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life.

Hey, you gotta start some where.....looks pretty cool.....
    Back when the were little Hondas.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lyp5cbJEyo
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by Logarius View Post
    Looks spiffy. Bet it get great mileage. Dont listen to the critics, they are just jealous. Do not forget a helmet. "You ride you slide" eventually....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Around 85MPH and I can always pedal if necessary. If I get a helmet, I'm going to get a white one and have a butt in a thong airbrushed on it
    Last edited by AmericanWolverine; 12-20-2014 at 04:35 PM.

Starting January 1st mopeds and scooters will require registration, plate, and endorsement in Indiana.

Tell them you'll get a car when they pay for it. I hope it has a heater. Get's a bit chilly around here in winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Tell them you'll get a car when they pay for it. I hope it has a heater. Get's a bit chilly around here in winter.
    The moped will be stored dry in my apartment during the Winter months.

KY bluegrass region-the center of the universe

A moped inside the apartment???

You are single I presume, since #1, you consider a moped transportation and #2 you can keep it in the apartment!

But there are folks that build "expedition mopeds" just for outdoor wilderness touring.

http://www.mopedtrip.com/index.html
    If you didn't bring jerky what did I just eat?

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

You are single I presume, since #1, you consider a moped transportation and #2 you can keep it in the apartment!

But there are folks that build "expedition mopeds" just for outdoor wilderness touring.

It's just Winter storage. No different than my chainsaw. Yes I'm single. Always have been and probably always will be. The moped is economy transportation and I see nothing wrong with it.002.jpg

I got my first traffic ticket on a Puch that looked sort of like that. LOL

Looked more like this and my brother and neighbor souped it up with a carb kit and it was bored and skirted. They took the pedals off and you had to push start it. Thing ran like a raped ape though.

Guests can not see images in the messages. Please register in the forum.

I got pulled over when I was 14. I saw the cop and quickly turned off the road into a sub-division. He must of seen how paniced I was. He asked me if I had a license and I lied and said I left it at home. He said if I was honest with him he would let me just push the thing home. But, if I lied he was going to call my parents to come pick me up.

I told him the truth and he gave me a ticket, told me to push it home and said he was going to call and talk to my parents.

I said, "Hey you told me you were going to let me go!"

He said, "Yeah, well you lied to me and so I lied to you! How does it feel?"

Quote Originally Posted by Batch View Post
    I got my first traffic ticket on a Puch that looked sort of like that. LOL

Looked more like this and my brother and neighbor souped it up with a carb kit and it was bored and skirted. They took the pedals off and you had to push start it. Thing ran like a raped ape though.

I got pulled over when I was 14. I saw the cop and quickly turned off the road into a sub-division. He must of seen how paniced I was. He asked me if I had a license and I lied and said I left it at home. He said if I was honest with him he would let me just push the thing home. But, if I lied he was going to call my parents to come pick me up.

I told him the truth and he gave me a ticket, told me to push it home and said he was going to call and talk to my parents.

I said, "Hey you told me you were going to let me go!"

He said, "Yeah, well you lied to me and so I lied to you! How does it feel?"
    Possibly a Cobra or Magnum. My moped will be left mechanically stock for reliability.

I was "very uptown " when I started -- a 60's Yamaha(hahahaha) "Twin-Jet 100". What a roarin' machine!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Hey, you gotta start some where.....looks pretty cool.....
    Back when the were little Hondas.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Lyp5cbJEyo
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Wow. When I was 14, I had a restricted drivers license that still allowed me to drive to school and school functions. I skipped the bikes and went right to a Ford Mustang. Upon turning 18, I stumbled across a heck of a deal on a Honda 550. That was a fun little cruiser. I had a few run ins with LEO with both of them.

back to the OP, I think that is a cool little bike. If others don't like it, then who cares? If you like it and get good use, then it serves its purpose. Congrats on the purchase!
    Last edited by natertot; 12-20-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Here's a cosmetically stock Tomos LX.020.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kyratshooter View Post

Hummmm, have known a few guys that parked their Harley' in their apartments......no one ask them to stop...?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Hummmm, have known a few guys that parked their Harley' in their apartments......no one ask them to stop...?
    It's just for Winter storage. During the riding months my moped will be parked outside in front of my living room window with a Dowco Guardian cover over it.

I walked in a bar in New York state one time and there was a Harley parked at the end of the bar. The rider was standing at the bar. He probably wore a size 4XL T shirt but had on a Large. You can visualize that for yourself. The bartender asked us to leave. Our suits apparently gave the bar a bad image.

When I was leaving Hawaii and moving to Washington State I had to take my motorcycle apart to ship it. Did a wheelie with it to get it in the elevator - took it to my 12th floor apartment and started taking it apart. Movers came and there were four wooden crates marked "packed by owner" along with two wheels and a frame.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

A bike!...Awesome...welcome to my world. Its great to ride a bike. I should know, been doing that since 14. Now, I am a proud owner of a Ducati Multistrada 1200cc 2014 model and a 2007 model Kawasaki KLX 250H.
    Be it a moped, or a Harley, its still a bike and we ride...sure beats the jam Dude, with the wind in your hair and flies on your teeth..hahahahah..
    It will be fun lemme tell ya.
    Your bike looks like a dirtbike from the 50's...no..I don't mean it looks bad or old..I luv the way it looks...it looks tough and well built.
    And you wrote that moped can go 85mph? Wow! awesome and incredible Dude!
    Ride it safe and always be safe...get to know it and you will be fine...by the way, can I have the specifications of the bike?
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Two kinds of bikers....Those that have crashed, and those that are gonna.........if you don't limp, you ain't ship....Ride safe.....

Put 13K miles on one of these.......fun times...
    Last edited by hunter63; 12-23-2014 at 11:42 AM.