Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surviving Police Encounters

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Attachment 10476

Amazed.... it has not already happened... Stormfront invasion revisited...
    easy there guy. I never said that I would do such a thing but with all the crazy stuff in Missouri I wouldn't be surprised to see them go that far. I guess I am like jay leno...I watch the news with a sense of humor. I apologize if I offended you. it is a fact that WE THE PEOPLE have paid higher taxes so the local police departments can be militarized. for why? if the public needs to be controlled through militarized police dept then perhaps it's time to sit back and allow the reset button to take place. I mean, seriously, who supports the local cops snooping on the public with expensive equipment? I personally don't like my privacy invaded.

There's a pretty significant difference between not supporting what the police do and advocating violence.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFixIt View Post
    My best friend for over 35 years is in law enforcement, and he can't stand when a parent tells their child to behave, or the police will get you! He has told me that this type of behavior is not conducive to public relations. The kids begin to think that they are after them, instead of coming to them for help without fear.
    I used to get that all the time when I worked security at a hospital. Our uniforms were dead on alike the local LEO's uniforms except we didn't have a patch on our shoulder and we didn't wear hats. The average person never realized those details though. Every time a parent made that comment, I would tell them that if they were such horrible parents that they needed government assistance that I would be more than happy to contact children services for them. Meanwhile, I'd be handing the child a dum-dum lollipop and a sticker. In the end, my image and the image of the department would be up held, the kid liked me and was sooo happy a "policeman" gave them something that they usually calmed down, and the parent would be scratching their head trying to figure out how they became the turd in the situation.

Yeah, I am not the "bad kid police".
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

I take them in my stride...putting my self in their shoes...someone's gotta do it...
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I deserve to defend myself in my home with nothing less than the equipment the bad guy can bring to the fight. I don't want to lose my life because I was outgunned. If I were LEO, I'd want the same capability. You look at it as militarizing LEO. I look at as equalizing sides and staying alive. If you want to go up against full auto with a .9mm handgun so be it.

And if you are so concerned about your privacy the very last thing I'd do is come on a public forum and advocate an attack on a police department in Minnesota. I have no doubt that raised a red flag or two.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I deserve to defend myself in my home with nothing less than the equipment the bad guy can bring to the fight. I don't want to lose my life because I was outgunned. If I were LEO, I'd want the same capability. You look at it as militarizing LEO. I look at as equalizing sides and staying alive. If you want to go up against full auto with a .9mm handgun so be it.

And if you are so concerned about your privacy the very last thing I'd do is come on a public forum and advocate an attack on a police department in Minnesota. I have no doubt that raised a red flag or two.
    that's fair enough. however, where are the folks with drones and tanks? those things are expensive. Does police need them? I understand the AR-15's but nothing more is justifiable according to the public polls

You could have posted a link to those polls. I guess we can do away with fixed wing aircraft, helicopters, rescue boats, animals, gators, tactical rescue gear, bomb disposal equipment, video cameras, etc. Where would you like to draw the line? It's all expensive. How safe do you want to be? The use of the word "tank" in this case is used to excite rather than to define the actual vehicle. The use of the term armored car or truck or the actual term such as MRAP would be much more accurate. If you can post an agency that actually owns a tank it would be helpful.

I can see legitimate uses of a drone. Tracking or finding bad guys using IR on a small drone would be much more cost effective that a two man helicopter. But I guess I'm being too logical.

I have only had one instance with a police officer that I disliked I was a teen at the time and on a school bus. One of the kids threw his PBJ out the window and it struck this guy's car. He then called the police, stopped behind the school bus, got out and asked the bus driver to stop because the police were on the way. Then he told the kinds that got off the bus (including me) to stop.

Looking back at this situation, I should have kept walking, and the school bus driver should have kept driving.

Since I was 14 at the time, I obeyed.

The officer, when he got there, had a serious control issue. He was yelling at kids and stuff. Real a-hole.

Looking back at this situation, the kid, the "adult" and the officer were all wrong. None of them were right.

Furthermore, I have never had an instance with a Raleigh police officer that I felt threatened or wronged. When I was 17, I was in a car accident that ended up in court (terrible incident, one person critically injured, one crippled for life). I was just a passenger, and the driver of the car I was in was at fault. The police officer told me "his defense is going to be to blame you. He's going to say you were driving". I thought that he was trying to get information from me and was bluffing.

No, he was looking out for me. That really was my "friends" defense.

Truth is, if you act like you've been somewhere, you won't have a problem.
    Last edited by Adventure Wolf; 01-05-2015 at 05:38 PM. Reason: 17, not 18

I do not think the police will arm them to the teeth and having nuke missile just to counter the threats. I believe the plan is to be better armed and prepared. I am sure the SWAT has ample armaments and tools to combat. Whatever they don't have, go to the military. That is what we do here.
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

A few post back the comment was described as disgusting and offensive, a short while later and were "all" holding hands around the camp fire.

Poor judgement in my opinion, but I dont run the forum.... Ive always respected the judgement of the admins & mods here, but now I question it. Matter of fact, since Ive joined Ive seen bans for less inflammatory statements.

In view of the misguided people that have ambushed and killed LEOs in recent time, the statement is in poor taste, bad timing and inflammatory.

Maybe Ken can shed some light on how lack of action can be interpreted as by outsiders as passive encouragement.

EB

A few post back the comment was described as disgusting and offensive, a short while later and were "all" holding hands around the camp fire.

Poor judgement in my opinion, but I dont run the forum.... Ive always respected the judgement of the admins & mods here, but now I question it. Matter of fact, since Ive joined Ive seen bans for less inflammatory statements.

In view of the misguided people that have ambushed and killed LEOs in recent time, the statement is in poor taste, bad timing and inflammatory.

Maybe Ken can shed some light on how lack of action can be interpreted as by outsiders as passive encouragement.

EB
    Huh................?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Huh................?
    in short, he wants the guy with the cop killing statement to be banned and is saying the mods judgment in this issue is questionable.

Which one? I don't see any Ken...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    Which one? I don't see any Ken...
    http://www.wilderness-survival.net/f...r.php?1459-Ken

EB
    You have used the word inflammatory repeatedly. While I disagree with the person you are attacking. I also think every post you have made in this thread as inflammatory.

You can also add how you have contributed toward a better understanding for the person you disagree with.

Okay, but I do not see Ken's post in this thread.

EB
    You are certainly entitled to your opinions.

If I/we banned people the first time that they posted something insensitive, disgusting or offensive......this would be a pretty lonely place.

A post was made - people responded and an actual conversation took place. Were actual minds changed or swayed? Maybe not. Did non sequitur posts continue without responding to comments made? No.

We're pretty good at figuring out trolls here and deal with them accordingly.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by 11B

Would you care to point out where I'm holding hands with anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by crashdive123 View Post
    We're pretty good at figuring out trolls here and deal with them accordingly.
    I agree. You guys do a fantastic job. Thanks for everyone's work, it does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by natertot View Post
    in short, he wants the guy with the cop killing statement to be banned and is saying the mods judgment in this issue is questionable.
    Oh....Can't we play with him for a while first?
    Sheesh.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27