Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are men bigger idiots than women?

Banned

Default Are men bigger idiots than women?

Failure to survive or "mortality may be explained by the observation that men are idiots and idiots do stupid things."
    http://www.bmj.com/content/349/bmj.g7094

But after a major disaster do more women than men actually survive and why?

http://www.apiidv.org/issues/disasterplanning.php

Men are not only idiots, they are pretty much, in the bigger picture, more expendable than women on the cosmic scale of species continuity.

On the subject of more women surviving than men, are you talking about the article citing large number of refugees who are mostly women and children?
    That particular article rambles on about a lot of things without ever really coming to the point, but one glaring fact stood out. Men abandoning their families in times of strife. It's one thing to go and fight for your country (and one would hope there are plans for the family if the ultimate sacrifice is made,) or to go to where the work and the money are, leaving the family behind for a bit, but to just walk out and leave women and children to fend for themselves in societies that don't allow women to work or even educate themselves???
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Heard about this on the news.
    Their answer was two words...........Chuck Yeager
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

In short, yes is the answer!!
    We do stupid things for various reasons, such as but not limited to, being macho (even if we arent), claiming to to know all about something when we don't(see #1), refusing to ask appropriate questions when required (sea #1), and my favorite.......""hold my beer and watch this"! Again, see #1!

Bit of a pattern eh?

Fine line between hero and goat....just depends if you pull it(whatever) off or not....

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    Fine line between hero and goat....just depends if you pull it(whatever) off or not....
    Agreed, managing to pull off a stupid stunt usually ends up giving you legend status. Failing usually means ending up as part of the Darwin awards or part of a Youtube fail compilation!

Banned

Default Managed Risk vs Foolish Risk taking by idiots

LowKey you make some very good points on the gender differences in survival and risk taking etc. I was not overly impressed with that second article either but it was the best I could find without spending too much time. Without the hard evidence I suspect women can do fairly well on average in survival situations compared to men as long as criminals are not preying on them. Also women tend to be more maternal toward children and those less able so this may make them more vulnerable and throw off the statistics during and after disasters and wars etc. These questions and answers are "open ended" IMO.

I think Chuck Yeager and pioneers like him manage risk and there is big difference between them and clueless idiots. There are many women pioneers we could also list, my mother was one.

Edit: This video clip from one of my favorite TV "survivor" shows demonstrates how a "maternal instinct" can reduce your chances of survival, Terry (US Green Beret) could have made it out of there in record time but…

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/du...s-best-friend/

discovery dot com /tv-shows/dude-youre-screwed/videos/mans-best-friend

If that link fails, I think they want you to search on it.
    Last edited by TXyakr; 12-13-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Edit: Maternal Instinct

For your enjoyment
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

OMG...Giraffes doin' it....... and can say truthfully "The high balls are on me".....

Hey I actually saw that article when I got on Darwin Awards this morning
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind...
    -Thomas Jefferson

They made you a candidate?!

Does a bear *well, you know* in the woods?
    I think that our bravado gets in the way a lot of times, especially when we are young.
    Now that I have graduated (with honors BTW) the school of hard knocks, I tend to think first before the knee jerk reaction.
    Although at my age the knee jerk is more of a twitch...
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

Definitely..cos we have to upkeep them..hahahahahaha
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

Quote Originally Posted by Tokwan View Post
    I will just refrain from saying that to my wife.

It depends on the size as to who is the bigger idiot.....parump bump

ooooooo......The is a vast difference between a idiot and being completely stupid......

Banned

Default FinallyMe, funny and informative

Quote Originally Posted by finallyME View Post
    For your enjoyment
    That was an excellent video!!! Like many people (science nerds) I have seen documentaries and read some long boring scientific studies about similar research on other mammals and simpler lifeforms. But this simple, highly entertaining video about human gender specific reproduction was fascinating and informative to my nerdy mind. Thank you so much, I will repost it on FB and see if I get a harsh rebuke from some conservative friends and relatives. Hopefully I'll get un-friended or blocked by some people who post unscientific nonsense.

I have a joke among my colleagues...I would ask them,..do you know who the biggest gangsters on earth? Then the guys would name people like the Italian Mafia, the Japanese Yakuza or some local tough guy.....but I told them..they are all wrong...

I would ask them, if they were stopped in the middle of the city by a man, asking for 100 dollars, they would definitely not give in and some would fight the man off....

But if your wife suddenly tells you she wants 500 dollars, you would only ask .."what for?" and still end up giving her the money.....hehehehehehe
    I'm a Gramp who is not computer savvy, give me a slab and the rock ages tablet..I will do fine!

I have a joke among my colleagues...I would ask them,..do you know who the biggest gangsters on earth? Then the guys would name people like the Italian Mafia, the Japanese Yakuza or some local tough guy.....but I told them..they are all wrong...

I would ask them, if they were stopped in the middle of the city by a man, asking for 100 dollars, they would definitely not give in and some would fight the man off....

But if your wife suddenly tells you she wants 500 dollars, you would only ask .."what for?" and still end up giving her the money.....hehehehehehe
    That is because there are consequences to our actions.

Quote Originally Posted by TXyakr View Post
    That was an excellent video!!! Like many people (science nerds) I have seen documentaries and read some long boring scientific studies about similar research on other mammals and simpler lifeforms. But this simple, highly entertaining video about human gender specific reproduction was fascinating and informative to my nerdy mind. Thank you so much, I will repost it on FB and see if I get a harsh rebuke from some conservative friends and relatives. Hopefully I'll get un-friended or blocked by some people who post unscientific nonsense.
    I'm conservative and religious.....I didn't find anything that was controversial.