Thread: I got to fondle a 3" Ruger LCR today!

Cool I got to fondle a 3" Ruger LCR today!

I was very impressed! The 3" version of the LCR feels fantastic. It can't weigh more than a couple ounce more than it's 2" sister, either. The new longer grip felt very good in that hand; for those not intending to CCW it the new grips will probably be very popular. I think I prefer the shorter "Tamer" grips that come on the original but it's my understanding that they will interchange.

Scheel's wanted $479 for it. I didn't buy it today since I wasn't shopping for one (went in looking for an HK P30L while the rebate is going) and since it's the only one I've seen I don't know if that's a good price or not. Also I don't know what is out there for holsters yet. When I got home I did shoot Garrett Industries an e-mail inquiring whether they have a mold gun for it yet.

But I will definitely be buying one eventually! I wonder if it will be out in 9mm and .357 Mag eventually?

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    I was very impressed! The 3" version of the LCR feels fantastic. It can't weigh more than a couple ounce more than it's 2" sister, either. The new longer grip felt very good in that hand; for those not intending to CCW it the new grips will probably be very popular. I think I prefer the shorter "Tamer" grips that come on the original but it's my understanding that they will interchange.

Scheel's wanted $479 for it. I didn't buy it today since I wasn't shopping for one (went in looking for an HK P30L while the rebate is going) and since it's the only one I've seen I don't know if that's a good price or not. Also I don't know what is out there for holsters yet. When I got home I did shoot Garrett Industries an e-mail inquiring whether they have a mold gun for it yet.

But I will definitely be buying one eventually! I wonder if it will be out in 9mm and .357 Mag eventually?
    Did you lovingly stroke it?

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanPsycho View Post
    Did you lovingly stroke it?
    I'm going to leave this one alone, it is a PG forum after all........
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

There is a .357 version of the snubie....and a .22 version....haven't seen a 9mm.
    I like them....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Quote Originally Posted by hunter63 View Post
    There is a .357 version of the snubie....and a .22 version....haven't seen a 9mm.
    I like them....
    Yeah, the snubbie version can be had in .22LR, .22Mag, .357 Mag and 9mm. At least right now the 3" version is only .38 Special.

Looked them up.....
    http://www.ruger.com/products/lcr/models.html

Wonder how long till they start offering longer barrels an all models......?

Well, Bud's gunshop got them in stock for $411. That's the same place that I got my 2" LCR and the exact same price! So I put a $100 down to put it on layaway. I've bought a lot of guns on Bud's layaway and it's always been great. No finance charges, free shipping and three months to pay it off. I would have just bought it outright but I don't want to blow the money on myself before I finish Xmas shopping for my family.

...................................... I would have just bought it outright but I don't want to blow the money on myself before I finish Xmas shopping for my family.
    If you don't take care of your self...no one will.....LOL