Thread: Thanksgiving Day plans?

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

Default Thanksgiving Day plans?

What's yours? I'm going to have 10 people in my little cabin. Lots of food and music playing. Phrase of the day will be eat, drink, and be merry! Then the day after, I'm running a 5K to get rid of some of it.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

Having my children for Thanksgiving day. Then on Saturday having them and friends for a low country boil.

Will start cooking tonite, finish up everything tomorrow around noonish, eat, nap, eat some more.
    Family/friends dropping by (I know my nap will get interrupted), basically just relaxing.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone and safe travels!
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

A very quiet day at home with Mrs. Crash. Not doing the big meal this year. Might go for a walk in the woods since we should pretty much have the place to ourselves.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We celebrated last Saturday. The whole fam damily was here. Great day. However you celebrate, take a moment to remember what the day represents and then be safe and have fun.

Heading up the River Road a couple of miles to a year around resident of our neighborhood.......self proclaimed Mayor.

Have a little dinner with a couple of other people and come home, take a nap......

Been hunting this week.....not too hard, though.....can hunt from the porch.

Giving thanks for all this.....
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I'll be sitting at a table with a TV view and keep shoveling the food. What a life. May even have a glass of wine.
    When Wealth is Lost, Nothing is Lost;
    When Health is Lost, Something is Lost;
    When Character is Lost, ALL IS LOST!!!!!!!

Colonel Charles Hyatt circa 1880

Going to my sister's (same town). My brother is coming too. My sister has 5 kids, I have 6, and my brother has 3. My daughter is the oldest at 13 and my other daughter is the youngest at 7 months. It will be crazy. Lots of pies and other food. My brother wants to go shooting before hand as well. I might try to get my son to pass off his shotgun merit badge.
    I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FinallyMe78?feature=mhee

The Tribe is coming over (some subset of about 50 people around the Denver area) and some of our relatives. We have just moved into a huge house and merged two of our three Houses and so we're the ones who have the space. We have people here who love to cook and they'll be cranking out food. We don't go in for holidays much but we're all about relationships so we like any excuse to gather. I'm the only Christian in the two houses (although one of the others is practically there) but one of the pagans has his heart set on "Griswalling" the house so we'll be stringing up lights very soon.

Two of our folks work in retail so they'll be dealing with Black Friday and we'll just have to stretch the festivities out for them - it's tough but, hey, what ya gonna do?
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.

Leaving tonight to go camping. I am grilling a turkey in camp.

Us three kids (and spouses.) are meeting at our parents house to have Thanksgiving dinner with them. (Sadly, we don't all get together as often as we should.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

Having all the friends and family over tomorrow for the meal. Thanksgiving is a two-stage event every year since my birthday is always within three days of it and occasionally on it. So we will have some birthday festivities as well.

Really, I just want the punkin pie......
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

We're hosting right here in the city. Now that the parents are gone it's up to us to keep the tradition and all the recipes alive. (Unfortunately, smoking the turkey on a grill is not an option here in the highrise.)

Quote Originally Posted by BENESSE View Post
    We're hosting right here in the city. Now that the parents are gone it's up to us to keep the tradition and all the recipes alive. (Unfortunately, smoking the turkey on a grill is not an option here in the highrise.)
    I love to grill and smoke meats, but I have to admit that Alton Brown's recipe/technique, from good eats, is the best bird I have ever cooked or eaten. (Cooked in the oven......in about 2 hours.)
    Writer of wrongs.
    Honey, just cuz I talk slow doesn't mean I'm stupid. (Jake- Sweet Home Alabama)
    "Stop Global Whining"

We got the family coming together, all of my siblings and their spouses, my parents and maybe a few close friends.

naturalist primitive your_comforting_company's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wife had to work, Daughter had to work. My parents are out of town. In-laws had to work. I tanned hides

I had my hide tanned often when I was coming up, and I guess I'm thankful for it (I guess.....
    True enough, my final home is still out there, but this is most certainly my home range and I love it. I love every rock I fall off and tree I trip over. Even when I am close to dying from exhaustion, a beautiful sunset doesn't lose it's power to refresh and inspire me and that, in itself, is enough to save me sometimes.