Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Quicker Way to Chop Wood.

Thanks Hunter! Now I know what to ask from Santa for Christmas!!!!!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I don't need firewood that bad. In fact, I've never needed firewood that bad and I feel safe in saying I will never need firewood that bad. That is a Darwin Award nominee.
    You can always tell who fools around with Black powder.....no eyebrows......
    But its fun blowing stuff up....

Some day I tell y'all about moving rocks, building a ski hill........
    Last edited by hunter63; 12-04-2014 at 01:56 PM.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

On youtube I know wrangler star has a video on a set up like this. He also used the same setup when testing out unconventional mauls.
    A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind...
    -Thomas Jefferson

This fall I took 3 , 14" old tires. Screwed them together with deck screws and dropped a 13" diameter round of firewood in the middle. The thing I like about the tire method is I can put sometimes 2,3,4 rounds inside the tire and split them all and they don't fly all over the place. Then I grab the whole bunch and put it in the wood box sled or put it in the wood shed. I use a 5 lb Collins Rafting Ax or 5 3/4 lb Chopping ax or 6 lb splitting maul. But I want to try one of those Fiscars splitting mauls.
    The tires are also safer as a missed lick of the ax catches in the tire not quizzes by the skins/ feet.

Did anyone bother to think he's making kindling? Anyway, I love his method of keeping everything together, no bending over to retrieve the pieces, smart man.