Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knives Made in the USA

Yeah, we all had a Buck 110 or Uncle Henry on our hip through our teen years and into adulthood. In cutoffs with no belt we would just slide the 110 in our back pocket.

I don't remember what happened to mine or why I stopped carrying everyday.

Anyway, solid choice for a folder.

A solid choice. I'd venture a guess that most here have had one at some point in their lives.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

To answer my own question about Utica knives, their folders are cheap. I found some at a KMart today and I was no impressed.

Ive got a gerber folding skinner that came in their game cleaning kit thats made in portland,not sure where case was made though,i also have a kbar mini hunter made in usa but again sheath isnt its made in mexico

Banned

Default ESEE and other blades on sale, after Christmas

Here is one of several discount retailers for a popular "Made in USA" knife. Especially good if you need a "full tang" blade.
    The small Izula and ESEE 4 are popular and relatively affordable if you can find a model you want on sale. I have Amazon Prime but typically find these blades for less $ from other retailers (including shipping cost). This may be because of the "Amazon markup", some friends of mine refuse to use Amazon as the front end for their online retail stores because of this.

http://www.bladehq.com/cat--ESEE-Knives-Fixed--275

This particular retailer: BladeHQ also sells many other brands, but be sure to use search tools (Google/Bing etc) to shop around, my philosophy is to alway be patient, never in a hurry and not over particular about an exact color, model, brand etc. Blade material, size (length/thichness), weight, shape, length of tang etc is more important.

BTW just because a blade is "full tang" does not mean it is safe to baton anything with, proper technique and common sense must still be used. Baton techniques are useful in many different aspects of bushcraft tool and shelter making etc, not just splitting firewood.

Hope this helps if you are like me and only got apparel and gift cards for holiday gifts. LOL

Edit: This is my friend's online retail site, he is a really nice guy who sells quality products but his shipping costs compared to major retailers make it difficult to compete. Sometimes it just comes down to trusting someone you know and have camped with or done business with.
    http://campacopia.com/fixed-blades-5/
    Last edited by TXyakr; 12-27-2014 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Edit: an old friend's online store

benchmade has a raft of usa blades