Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 7th Annual Jamboree

Quote Originally Posted by BornthatWay View Post
    Well I am not sure we are going to make it. I have lost my mind and decided to take over the general store where I have been working.

The store is on life support from poor management and I love a challenge. I was approached to run it by the owners and many folks in the community so I am going to give it a shot.

If I can get things running smoothly by then we will try to come but I do not think I will have the store where it needs to be as we do not take over until at least September 1.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Hope you can make it.

We have reservations to arrive on Thursday 10/22 and depart on Sunday 10/25. Our reservations are for three nights. We have the Poplar group campsite.

Address: 50 Black Mountain Campground Rd, Burnsville, NC 28714
    Phone: (828) 675-5616

• This is a tent-only campground; no wheeled camping units or RVs permitted
    • Campground open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; notify campground of late arrivals by calling 828-675-5616
    • Campers must enter through Black Mountain Campground to reach this facility
    • Daily fees are for up to 50 people and 10 vehicles per site
    • No public address systems are allowed
    • This facility is located within a bear sanctuary; keep all food out of site in containers or locked inside a hard-sided vehicle, secure trash in provided bins and remove all food from area after eating
    • This campground is managed by the Cradle of Forestry In America Interpretive Association
    • Don't Move Firewood: Help protect our forests! Prevent the spread of tree-killing pests by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. Moving firewood is illegal in some states. Visit dontmovefirewood.org to learn more.

Yancy County, North Carolina Hiking Trails: http://www.mountaintravelguide.com/H...g%20Trails.htm

Yancy County, North Carolina Waterfalls: http://www.mountaintravelguide.com/W...Waterfalls.htm

Who's Coming

Crash and Mrs. Crash
    Kyratshooter
    Natertot, Mrs tot and 2 not so little anymore tots
    Mad Max, Maxine and Max the Wonder Dog
    Born that Way and Mr Born that Way
    Pgvoutdoors
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Crash

Sorry, Hunter, but you have to leave the karaoke machine at home. Yeah, I know.

That's funny, everyone says that.......Hummmmm..... Wonder why?
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

I suppose anyone who's been to a FL Kracaneuner camp would claim the snoring to be at LEAST a public address system. I'll try to quiet Maxine and Max.

We have reservations to arrive on Thursday 10/22 and depart on Sunday 10/25. Our reservations are for three nights. We have the Poplar group campsite.

• Campground open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.; notify campground of late arrivals by calling 828-675-5616
    • This facility is located within a bear sanctuary; keep all food out of site in containers or locked inside a hard-sided vehicle, secure trash in provided bins and remove all food from area after eating
    • This campground is managed by the Cradle of Forestry In America Interpretive Association
    • Don't Move Firewood: Help protect our forests! Prevent the spread of tree-killing pests by obtaining firewood at or near your destination and burning it on-site. Moving firewood is illegal in some states. Visit dontmovefirewood.org to learn more.

Yancy County, North Carolina Hiking Trails: http://www.mountaintravelguide.com/H...g%20Trails.htm

Yancy County, North Carolina Waterfalls: http://www.mountaintravelguide.com/W...Waterfalls.htm

Who's Coming

Crash and Mrs. Crash
    Kyratshooter
    Mad Max, Maxine and Max the Wonder Dog
    Pgvoutdoors
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Barring any unforeseen calamity, count Sam and I in. We'll be on a 3 camp 10 day SE adventure.

Kelly and Max the wonder dog are going to likely miss this trip.

Now... to bring a 10 or a 12 DO. LOL

Crash, I believe I'll come up with Tony for this get together. I see he has already alerted you so you won't be shocked when a couple of old guys show up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    Crash, I believe I'll come up with Tony for this get together. I see he has already alerted you so you won't be shocked when a couple of old guys show up.
    Glad you can make it.

Who's Coming

Crash and Mrs. Crash
    Kyratshooter
    Mad Max
    Pgvoutdoors
    Mannlicher
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Who's Coming

Crash and Mrs. Crash
    Kyratshooter
    Mad Max
    Pgvoutdoors
    Mannlicher
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

We're probably going to roll in Wed. Do a little hiking.

Quote Originally Posted by madmax View Post
    We're probably going to roll in Wed. Do a little hiking.
    On the dirt road that leads to the campgrounds (several miles) there are spots along the way for dispersed camping. Might be great for Wednesday night if you make it that far.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Excellent. That'll save a few bucks.

I should add......that access road is off the Blue Ridge Parkway. Several small waterfalls and streams along it. Quite a few beautiful stops along that narrow road.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

I think we're doing a little off roading coming down from Va so a primitive site will fit in nicely.

Now I have to figure out how to download the software for my new camera. I'm a dinosaur.

Hello, I plan on attending. I may have to roll in on Saturday but that is still up in the air. Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new friends.

'beast

Who's Coming

Crash and Mrs. Crash
    Kyratshooter
    Mad Max
    Pgvoutdoors
    Mannlicher
    Wilderbeast
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

only a week away now. Room for more, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannlicher View Post
    only 2 weeks away now. Room for more, at this point.
    Don't get there too early!
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Unfortunately we will not be able to attend. We just started a new business and just cannot leave for this trip. The good news is the business is doing well.

I hope you all have a wonderful time. We enjoyed it so much there last year. It is so beautiful there and the people of this forum are wonderful to camp with.

Peace and love to all.

Quote Originally Posted by BornthatWay View Post
    Unfortunately we will not be able to attend. We just started a new business and just cannot leave for this trip. The good news is the business is doing well.

I hope you all have a wonderful time. We enjoyed it so much there last year. It is so beautiful there and the people of this forum are wonderful to camp with.

Peace and love to all.

Sorry you won't be able to make it.

Who's Coming

Crash and Mrs. Crash
    Kyratshooter
    Mad Max
    Pgvoutdoors
    Mannlicher
    Wilderbeast
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel