Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: looking for a place to live off the grid/land

Blog Entries

Beauro of Land Management, just don't look right. Since I manage 280 plus acres for a friend on his farm am I a BLM? And I'd head for the Grand Tetons and set up there, I figure one day I'm just gonna pack up and sell all my crap... head to the Tetons or upper Montana maybe Canada in that area and just keep going till I see a place I like and then a build a cabin and live out the rest of my life.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf65 View Post
    Beauro of Land Management, just don't look right. Since I manage 280 plus acres for a friend on his farm am I a BLM? And I'd head for the Grand Tetons and set up there, I figure one day I'm just gonna pack up and sell all my crap... head to the Tetons or upper Montana maybe Canada in that area and just keep going till I see a place I like and then a build a cabin and live out the rest of my life.

that's pretty much my plan, Upper Montana is awesome, but I do have all of Canada to frolic about in in the meantime. Bureau of Land Management= (once again) Too Much Government
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

There must be a far bit of place way up north aka in canada, like bc on the coast that would be nice. But wonder what the winters are like and if theres alot of land.

BC coast the winters are cold and almost constantly raining, then you get one really awesome month, usually February and it turns cold and rainy for two more months. Western provinces, cold, bitterly cold, but obviously can be handled. There's a lot of wild country left in western Canada
    some fella confronted me the other day and asked "What's your problem?" So I told him, "I don't have a problem I am a problem"

Blog Entries

I'll take Montna, Northern Montana and plan to trek up into Canada. Most of the cold can be handled if done properly but the far north of Canada is way outta my league.
    Don't care about BLM I'm just going up to where I think I'm alone and set up shop. If I get in trouble then you'll read about.
    There is no greater solitude than that of the Tracker in the forest, unless perhaps it's that of the wolf in the wilderness.