Thread: Glad this month is over

Default Glad this month is over

This has been an extraordinary busy month for me with doctors. I sat out clinicals this semester to have carpal tunnel surgery done on each hand, but insurance drug and drug it out so I was finally able to have the surgery done on my left hand Tuesday, the doc also did a "trigger release" on my index finger joint where my finger attaches to my hand, arthritis was causing some issues and he was afraid my finger would begin to lock up if the joint wasn't cleaned. Lovely, not two surgeries I would recommend together pain wise, but it does make sense to do them together and be done with it. Unexpectedly the Tuesday before, I had another surgery. I have had PT 2x a week for the past 6 weeks, seen pain management and acquired a tens unit for the residual pain in my neck.

Add to that my granddaughter had eye surgery to correct a muscle in her eye that had weakened, and today my grandson had an emergency appendectomy. Any one of these cases could have dire consequences in a situation where medical help isn't readily available, each on is vastly different, requires very different treatment and would be impossible to do in less than ideal situations and nothing that a person on their own would be able to handle.
    Soular powered by the son.

Nell, MLT (ASCP)

Hang in there kiddo!!! You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Can't Means Won't

My Youtube Channel

Blog Entries

Wishing everyone a speedy and successful recovery. You're in my thoughts.
    Recession; A period when you go without something your Grandparents never heard of.

It will pass. When we are in the moment of so many health issues it is hard to see the forest but as healing occurs you will look back and say that is over and breathe a sigh of relief. I know you have neck and back issues and I understand about the chronic pain as I have those same things. Just remember to enjoy the good days and try not to over do those days. Believe me I know as I can say it better than practice it. Also do not dwell on what ifs they just make pain worse.

Quote Originally Posted by nell67 View Post
    .......................................... Any one of these cases could have dire consequences in a situation where medical help isn't readily available, each on is vastly different, requires very different treatment and would be impossible to do in less than ideal situations and nothing that a person on their own would be able to handle.
    Hang in there, we have been having our share as well......and just a matter of keeping on, keeping on....as best you can.

The fact that all this could have been so much worst with out care and meds is not lost on anyone that tries to take care of them selves and be ready for anything........Sometime that still isn't enough.

Thoughts and good wishes for recovery for you and yours.
    Geezer Squad....Charter Member #1
    Evoking the 50 year old rule...
    First 50 years...worried about the small stuff...second 50 years....Not so much
    Member Wahoo Killer knives club....#27

Just one more type of survival. I wish you the best and you can get all this behind quickly.

Hang in there and keep healing. Thinking and praying for a good recovery and great results for you.
    ”There's nothing glorious in dying. Anyone can do it.” ~Johnny Rotten

Sorry to hear about all your problems, Nell. It will surely get better down the road a ways.

Bill
    NRA Life Patron Member
    Southern Indiana Rifle and Pistol Club
    K9GDG

Every time an older person dies, its like burning a full set of encyclopedias that will never be published again. So, if you ever want to learn more of anything, just find a old tradesman and hang out with him and then when he passes on, not the full set will burn, you'll have parts of it to pass on to others.