Thread: Dmso for

Default Dmso for

arthritis? Any first hand experience? Good idea, bad idea, pipe dream? any thoughts?
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I remember when DMSO first hit the market. Was all the rage back in the day...a cure what ails you product.
    Haven't heard anything about it lately until now...
    When all else fails, read the directions, and beware the Chihuahuacabra!

You'd have to be careful about what you put on with the DMSO. DMSO is a super solvent in which can carry large molecules through your skin and into your bloodstream. Chemicals/dyes from unwashed clothing, lotion, and other toxic chemicals can be transferred into your bloodstream.

I'm not a doctor, but I have used a band-aid once or twice.
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Alaska, The Madness! 1stimestar's Avatar
    Little cabin in the woods, middle of Alaska.

I think that's what my parents used on my back a couple of times when I was a kid. I had scoliosis so my back hurt really badly very often.
    Why do I live in Alaska? Because I can.

Alaska, the Madness! Bloggity Stories of the North Country

"Building Codes, Alaskans don't need no stinking Building Codes." Sourdough

Yes, I have wifi in my outhouse!

RX, you watching CSI the other night? LOL. That show used DMSO to transfer arsenic as the killer's modus operendi. Been a long time since I've heard about DMSO. No idea why I was watching CSI. I don't watch TV that much and certainly not that junk.
    If we are to have another contest in…our national existence I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's, but between patriotism & intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition & ignorance on the other…
    ~ President Ulysses S. Grant

Hi guys, just passing thru and saw this.
    Back in the 80's I worked my off time at a horse track doing security. DMSO was the rage for the horses, and every one used it on personal aches n pains. It really helped, but was linked to causing Parkinsons so do your own research to be safe.
    Take care all.

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    RX, you watching CSI the other night? LOL. That show used DMSO to transfer arsenic as the killer's modus operendi. Been a long time since I've heard about DMSO. No idea why I was watching CSI. I don't watch TV that much and certainly not that junk.
    Nope. I don't get broadcasted tv where I live and what I do watch is seasons of different shows on dvd. CSI is not one of them. Lol. I first heard of DMSO being used several years ago and a point was taken that some dancer was killed by it leaching dyes from her socks or stockings into her blood stream. Later in organic chemistry DMSO was brought up and it was reitterated about the dangers of it passing dangerous chemicals through you skin.

Seems like using DMSO can also have possible bad side affects for others too when used in excess. Gloria Ramirez - The Toxic Lady: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloria_Ramirez
    What's so crazy about standing toe-to-toe saying I am?
    ~Rocky Balboa

Many many thousands of studies on DMSO. Many thousands of people have taken it internally and by IV. Although usually, it is applied externally. It's easy to purchase and professional athletes use it often.
    It is a solvent that is often produced from the cell walls of trees. It is a carrier of substances ranging from chemo or antiviral drugs, to alternative substances as well as being used alone. It has the potential to carry toxins into the blood when applied externally. These toxins would include clothing disolved by the DMSO.
    Many legislative battles have been fought to bypass the FDA and legalize DMSO. About 8 states have legalized the prescribing of DMSO.
    You can put DMSO into the search engine of various sites for plenty of info. You could go to WebMD for their opinion and reviews of users. You could go to EarthClinic for reviews if you are inclined toward alternative or folk medicine. You can go to PubMed, a government website which is a library of studies. Or FDA.gov..

thanks for all the comments. I've googled the subject and have come up with a plethora of info, pro and con. Don't know what to think.
    so the definition of a criminal is someone who breaks the law and you want me to believe that somehow more laws make less criminals?

I use DMSO quite a bit on my horses. However I've never used it on my self. I will say that when I'm putting it on my horse i usually wear gloves. Simply because DMSO will help anything on your hand absorb easier ( good or bad)and I don't really want to run in and wash my hand every time I'm using the stuff. That's just me though.

I did look on webmd and it said DMSO had little more effect on arthritis than a placebo.

That's because it absorbed the placebos.